AFK Kick Policy : RE Broken Golem

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AoEBox, Sep 4, 2020.

1. AoEBox Elder

I am curious how GM's and Guides are addressing people who are actively AFKing in locations that are high end targets in Kunark. ( NPCs that have extended spawn timers of 4 + hours )

Given the policy states that if you are going to AFK for an extended duration of time that you should find a corner and camp. ( Obviously not being enforced, I know the auto kick bot works.)

Based on Plane of Fear " Broken Golem " this is not the case , at any given time there is 3-5 Monk / SK / Necros FD ( AFK ) with an audio trigger waiting for the quest NPC to spawn and as I have seen they are the same individuals from "Unnamed guild" each time 24/7 of each day every day.

I believe GM's and Guides should be checking this spawn & zone repeatedly multiple times throughout each day as NONE of these classes are able to complete the "Wizard Epic" and are only sitting at the location to loot lock the NPC as soon as it spawns. ( Which you are not capable of doing as a wizard, considering the NPCs roaming at any given time ).

I also suggest that Broken Golem should only be able to be spawned by a "Wizard".
  2. Beep Elder

I don't think you can be both active and AFK.
    Imdead likes this.
  3. AoEBox Elder

Active but AFK = an auto clicker or auto hotkey to ensure you are not automatically kicked.
  4. Glowerss Augur

This is some P99 Lawyer quest up in here. If you can't beat em, get the GMs to beat em for you.
    HoodenShuklak and Imdead like this.
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Hi, neutral 3rd party here.

The rules against AFK Gameplay. Laying in FD isn't Gameplay. No rules violations. Stop wasting GMs time.

Just let virgins do virgin things. Don't bother with the Wizard epic it's a mediocre stat stick with a worthless clicky.

But if you must AEs break FD. I hear some mobs in Plane of Fear have AEs
    Iyacc and HoodenShuklak like this.
  6. Roflcopter New Member

Would sure be a shame if dracoliche ended up near them.
  7. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

They train draco and AE mobs on us non-stop. Doesn't phase us one bit. That's amateur hour play for the noobs.

Also, what's your proof that any of us are afk? All of the FD'ers from "unnamed guild" are at their computer. You think when BG spawns we all magically teleport to the computers? Every single person there stands up the second BG spawns.

Again, more baseless accusations.
  8. sumnayin Augur

That is because you clearly don't know the definition of actively.
  9. sumnayin Augur

You gonna hit up the towns too? Make sure no one goes afk at the parcel?
    Lineater likes this.
  10. Koniku Elder

Ban anyone who camps a mob they are afk
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Just make that stupid mob pop in dz, even if they have to wait a couple hours (pops near the end of a regular raid).
  12. psion New Member

Atabishi, you stand up when it spawns. But, what is your behavior when you don't get the turn-in first? What if another guild stands up and turns in first?

I don't care if your behavior is "allowed" or not, its pretty crappy. I think everyone agrees.
    Talimat likes this.
  13. psion New Member

You zoned in at the same time as the raid force for the guild who spawned EG.

Atabishi and monks kited it around through an entirely spawned plane of fear to keep it away from us for 30 minutes. He gated frequently to the NE corner. He probably had mages coth'ing him around also.

Then, when the 30 minute timer was up, you used your superior raid force to kill it.

You're aren't wrong. I will be changing my strategy next time. I'm just saying you guys are the ones who are toxic. If you believe it is everyone else and they are attacking you, you are naive, egotistical, and arrogant.
  14. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

If another guild turns it in first, then they have 30 minutes to bring enough people to kill the mob. It's as clear as that. There is nothing we can do about it. It's locked to them. Any guild who has contested us in OW since launch day can tell you that we have never once trained in OW. You won't be able to find a single example of it. The one individual case where a guild managed to turn in the sprocket before us, it took them about 20ish minutes to get their first 2 groups there. The timer was at 27 minutes when they got their 3rd group there. Fear was a completely full spawn. CT + Draco (who roams on top of broken golem) + all 3 golems + all trash. We really didn't have to do anything. They hadn't even cleared a single trash mob by the time the 30 minute timer was up.

Broken golem is not like other epics. You can't just send 2-4 groups there and be good to go. You need a raid force. If you are turning in your sprocket and starting that 30 minute timer without a raid ready to go, that's the risk you take. We aren't being mean about it even if that's how you want to perceive it. No guild either is under any obligation to share. For example, we don't actively camp the ench epic mobs on a 3 day timer with a raid. There are a couple of DZ only guilds who do. That's where they have decided to allocate their resources. Should they have to share those spawns as well? The road goes both ways you know. You don't see us on the forums complaining about the ench epic just because we don't want to put a raid there ready for it to spawn.

The wizard epic might not be the greatest, but it's definitely not the worst. However, it is the only fun epic for an OW guild. My recruitment message that people keep referencing wasn't saying that no guild no matter how hard they try will ever get it in era. It simply meant that as of right now, we are the only guild dedicated enough to get all 25 of our wizard mains their epic in era. So as of right now, if you are a wizard and want your epic, unless other guilds step up, really the only shot you have at getting one is with us. That's not because we are breaking any rules, but simply because no other guild on the server wants to allocate the same resources they put on other epics, to the wizard epic.

It's only a little over 2 weeks in to Kunark, and we are nearly half through with all our current wizards. The level of complaints on this item when it's this early in to the expansion really shows how entitled people have become and how much people want to water down the EQ experience. Epics are called that for a reason, they are an EPIC item. They shouldn't be easily obtainable by every single person on the server. If everyone has it, then the item no longer matters. Holly even stated in one of her last interviews that the draw to EQ is that it forces people to be social, to network, and requires large groups of people to work together to achieve certain items in the game. Something that almost all other games have stopped doing, at least to the scale at which EQ does. That it was something she wanted to keep around in the game.
    TLPFunMontage and haaaalp like this.
  15. Auedar4lyfe New Member

I mean realistically, there is TEQB that is stating that "them's the rules" and they are, in every sense of the word, playing by the rules. They are trying to gain the biggest advantage based off of the current circumstances.

Which is why people are asking the rules to change, since it promotes toxic behavior.

But to say that this is the type of challenge that the majority of people want in this game is....also incredibly ignorant. Yes, there are people that find joy in earning something when it means that they take something away from someone else. That having something before someone else is an accomplishment. (It's a game, to dedicate so much brain power to it for so long requires people to make up new challenges for themselves.)

There are types of challenges that make things rewarding. Epics are long quests that are a part of that.

But the same thing could be said for having AoCs. Raids should be challenging, so why let casuals raid? If you want to keep raids challenging, putting in AoCs completely defeats the purpose. But the majority of people, time and time again, want to enjoy playing a game, versus no-lifeing a game.

Should epics remain challenging? Yes, no one is debating that. Should the challenge be having to be in a specific guild so that you can have the numbers to contest said content? Again, you'd most likely answer yes, if you enjoy that sort of thing. But it's also okay to have a different opinion and argue as such.
    merkmerk73 likes this.
  16. Dominate Augur

I am not in any guild that is attempting Broken Golem. I just know people in your guild that were on the raid. This just a PR stunt. The Unnamed guild is absolutely guilty of that behavior as admitted by your own members. Everyone knows it. I just can't figure out why you are still trying to pretend otherwise. At least Twisted Legion had the balls to just be who they said they were. Your image is never going to be repaired regardless of the forum warrioring.

Eventually even Mabbu figured out that if you dump on casual players you won't have anyone to sell your RMT Krono to because they will have all quit and you will just be running around with 1000 people with the same guild tag.
    Mynde Kandie likes this.
  17. HicksAradune Augur

When we give away an AoN, CoF, WDS Cloak and 100kronos at a guild meeting..

[IMG]
  18. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

The other guild in the zone who was also going for Broken Golem had several people post that we never trained them. What are you on about? lol see this is the problem. You aren't in any guild attempting Broken Golem and you also were not in the zone. So you are posting hearsay as if they are facts, when both guilds who were in the zone, even the losing guild, have stated that there was absolutely no one training anyone.
  19. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

The force you are talking about had the ability to easily beat the broken golem. What it did not have the ability to in the time frame was to chase the mob all over the zone as it was being trained around by a certain guild.

That certain guild comes up with excuse after excuse about what happened and why they deserved to do what they did, but the basic facts are this: Guild A spawns the quest mob and gathers up it's force to kill it. Guild B trains the quest mob around the zone so that it cannot be engaged without Guild A puller insta dying due to the massive train the quest mob is now part of.

Guild A has a sufficient force to kill it but cannot because of the keep away train game being played by Guild B, with more than 15 minutes to spare.

Guild B continues the game until the star goes away, then immediately brings the train to their massive raid force to insta-kill.

Those are the facts. You can try to distort them all you like, but that is what happened.
    Mynde Kandie likes this.
  20. Sikkun Augur

Most guilds don’t consider distributing loot to their members an accomplishment.
    Goburs likes this.