Keyrings & Hotkeys

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skuz, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

For many items if I make a hotkey of them & then add them to keyring the hotkey vanishes after I zone/log.

Does that happen to everyone?

Most Mounts I hotkey seem to stick around.

Only illusion one that never vanishes so far is the Polymorph Wand: Phantom Froglok

I only have one familiar keyringed - Direwolf Totem of Battle & that hotkey vanishes every time.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Have you tried making the hotkey after adding them to keyring? I've never seen this before, but I add the items to my keyring before making the hotkeys.
    Winnowyl and Zamiam like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yes, added to keyring, then zoned then made hotkey, rezoned, and the hotkey vanishes every time.
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Very strange. Not something I've seen before, sadly :/
    minimind likes this.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah, that's definitely odd. I have a good bit of illusions/mounts hotkeyed and I've never seen any of them disappear.
    minimind and Winnowyl like this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah I hadn't heard of this happening to other players but it is somewhat annoying, any hotkey I make of an item in my inventory is completely fine, it's just the keyringed items I create where the hotkeys vanish.

Have deleted ui & configuration files multiple times and that doesn't ever resolve the problem either so I'm pretty much at a loss as to how to fix it, though I am sure it's a client-side issue.
  7. Angahran Augur

Check and make sure none of your config files are read only.