Recently decided to come back and found out we are banned

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by motrhead, Aug 23, 2020.

1. motrhead New Member

Me and the wife were talking about getting back into playing everquest and I go to restart my account after not logging in for a year now at least and All 3 of my accounts were banned. We never have used any type of cheating programs or done anything that would have broken the Tos. Are accounts have always been our own since july of 1999 and we only group together with mercs and we have a full group, with the occasional guild member logging in to play with which is rare since most migrated to Wow. We are hoping the support ticket we sent in will work or we have years of wasted times..

Sorry for the long rant and i hope this is not discouraging old players from coming back to the game.. Healour, Tunare server
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

These are the player support forums so you're not likely to get any help. All you can do is wait to hear back on why you were banned from your ticket.

They've done a lot of ban waves/crack downs since you last played so it's possible your accounts were caught doing something you didn't realize was a breach of the ToS.

Virtual Machines - Many were suspended/banned awhile back for using virtual machines around the roll out of the level 85 Heroic Miragul server. Using virtual machines on any true box server = ban. Allegedly, even just having a virtual machine running in the background got people suspended/banned.

AFK Play - There have been a lot of suspensions/bans related to people AFK farming. It's against to rules to leave your computer and just use things like pet/merc./damage shields to farm items/exp, or even to just stand idle in a zone in an AFK state.

"After Market" RMT - Buying & selling items for cash outside of DBG's storefront will get you banned, doesn't matter if you are the buyer or seller. THIS INCLUDES KRONO exchanges for real world cash, doesn't matter if you are the buyer/seller. If you ever bought/sold something using real world cash outside of DBG, its possible your account got flagged when the counter party was caught.

Credit Card Chargebacks - Another common scenario that doesn't involve cheating are "charge backs". If you didn't correctly cancel your subscription but instead blocked the payments through your credit card provider, this could be the issue. Likewise with MarketPlace or Krono purchases. Another scenario is if someone bought any Steam keys or AllAccess time cards that were charged back, and then you proceeded to use them.

Account Sharing - Sharing your account with someone else can also get you suspended/banned. People have been caught doing this, but from what I gather it pops up when your login history would generally be physically impossible (e.g. login from U.S. east coast immediately followed by login on U.S. west cost).

Violations From Other Games - Your DBG account is linked to DCUO, PS2, EQ2, so it's also possible disciplinary action in those games got you banned in EQ as well.

At the end of the day only the GMs know why you were banned. Hopefully it will get sorted out if your accounts were flagged for suspension and then flagged again for banning in error.

Good luck!
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Most likely your credit card expired and when Daybreak went to charge it the bank said no so Daybreak said Chargeback!!! and banned em.

And its ok if you rant here. We, the players, support you. ;)
    motrhead and KermittheFroglok like this.
  4. KermittheFroglok Augur

Probably this given the OP said it hit all 3 of their accounts and they haven't been playing. Chargebacks seems to be one of the few things I've heard of people getting outright banned for without a warning or suspension.
    motrhead likes this.
  5. motrhead New Member

We got a email this morning and this what it said.
    Greetings,

Please send us the answer to the security question: Where were you born?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Senior Customer Support
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Hope it matches:eek:
    Skuz likes this.
  7. svann Augur

You dont get a chargeback from a CC that expired. Chargeback is when your CC gets successfully charged and then you ask the CC company to take it back.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away?

More seriously, have you PM'd Dreamweaver to ask why? No player here can help you with the reason.
  9. KermittheFroglok Augur

No, Dreamweaver is the Community Manager. The Community Manager role is usually to be on social media and online marketing/etc. A GM addresses simple bug tickets (not as much now) and more often allegations of cheating, so a ban issue might get brought up there. Customer Service admin. would fix account lockout issues like this. Sometimes the two are the same. The correct way to remedy the issue would be to submit a ticket. Maybe Dreamweaver could be supporting customer service but a ticket would be the way to go.

Per the OP’s latter posts they’re in touch with a GM or account customer service and that’s who they should be working with, if the matter isn’t already solved. Guessing it was if they just needed to answer the security question.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

On a number of occasions Dreamweaver has asked folks to PM him so the matter can get referred to the proper person. He is the most visible contact person here on the forums.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. KermittheFroglok Augur

But you’re not Dreamweaver and there are threads where people are trying to get Dreamweaver’s (or previously Roxxlyy’s) attention to no avail, they aren’t a route to bypass tickets. Reaching out to the CM on a one off issue isn’t the same as the CM collecting names on a broader issue like an automated ban wave gone awry or shared banks breaking.

Again, my point is that the OP is already getting assistance from the CS staff so reaching out to the CM won’t accomplish much at this point.