LDON

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Godsanvil, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Godsanvil Journeyman

I haven't played in a long time. I really enjoyed LDON with he dungeons and the points and the way you could buy gear. Did they ever do anything else like that or update with anymore dungeons?
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Dragons of Norrath expansion is similar to LDON where you do missions and earn currency to buy your gear.
    Godsanvil likes this.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

Also, Call of the Forsaken introduced heroic missions which are somewhat similar, including a swath of vendors to buy gear/augments with currency earned through those missions (and the vendors cover about 30 levels of content so you can catch up pretty quickly in that range if that is your goal).
  4. Ayoheee Augur

One key difference between CotF and LDoN: CotF isn't terrible.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  5. Godsanvil Journeyman

I always liked that type of system. You don't have to win a roll. You actually get a reward for showing up.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

The only issue is, if you're on a TLP and in a raiding guild which is even half serious that almost all of the stuff you can buy is worse than what you already had for LDoN and DoN. Dunno about CoTF+
  7. Nolrog Augur

CotF and every expansion afterwards has group missions that you earn currency where you can buy group stuff.
  8. Godsanvil Journeyman

Yeah i never got to raid much. I didn't have as much time. My internet and my computer was terrible then. I had to stare at the floor most the time to not lag. It gave me something to do.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

group gear after like level 75 to 80 is remarkably different than before.the game really changed in that regard.

From the very little cotf mission stuff I've done it feels absolutley nothing like ldon, but the ability to purchase gear, I suppose, is similar. Unfortunately for ldon the gear you could buy was just so bad compared to easier items to get with less grind.