Class Popularity via Demand for Armour

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Schadenfreude, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Schadenfreude Augur

Completely anecdotal thread based on the last few of years selling raid gear (Deathseekers through Ice Woven) on FV via trader and in general chat.

HIGH

Shadow Knight

Always been the easiest to sell since I arrived on FV. I recently had an un-made Veiled BP for sale which attracted little interest until I turned it into the SK version which sold within an hour.

MEDIUM

Berserker
    Ranger

Arms and Legs are popular for these classes which bumps them up a rank. No love for Bracers, though.

LOW

Bard
    Beastlord
    Magician
    Monk
    Necromancer
    Rogue
    Shaman
    Warrior

Beastlord and Shaman gear isn't as popular as I would have expected despite both classes being very strong. Not sure why? Demand for Rogue gear seems very low outwith Arms and Legs. Warrior gear has to be substantially better in HME that what is available via grouping to attract any interest, a pair of Veiled Warrior legs sat in bazaar for several days at 2m with about 350k of augs included which would not have happened with any of the melee DPS classes. Every few weeks you get one person looking for a Monk visible set but generally demand is extremely spotty.

VERY LOW

Enchanter
    Druid
    Paladin

I started playing my Paladin again because I was able to pick up a complete set of T2 TBL for peanuts.

VERY VERY LOW

Cleric
    Wizard

Good luck selling anything for these classes. It took me three months to turn a modest profit on two Wizard Veiled bracers, never again.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

/tangent

Looking for merc gear in the Bazaar... compare Soother's (healer merc) with the others.... I guess you can figure out that most people are using healer mercs ;)
  3. Lianeb Augur

My merc healer wears tank gear.
    Bigstomp, Yinla, Riou and 2 others like this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Because he (you) wants to, or because the healer gear is too much? Cause the tank gear doesn't have any +healing at all, correct?
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Lianeb has more money than Scrooge McDuck. In fact, raids often start late because he's busy swimming in his plat vault.

...and 185 x 4 for the heal amount isn't really that much in the modern game. Dead mercs don't heal.

On the armor stuff - SKs being in the top won't surprise anyone ... everyone and their grandmother has a SK tank for their own group to do stuff.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea wizards sucks that why i retired to the baz. my ranger sustained face to face melee is better than wizards.

Andarriel
  7. Bigstomp Augur

With how many coins we get per win, I'm surprised selling gear is even a thing.
  8. Schadenfreude Augur

My Cleric merc wears tank gear as he frequently finds himself tanking and it possibly buys a few extra seconds for him or other mercs in the group to get a heal off.
  9. Schadenfreude Augur

What else would you do with it, leave it rotting in the bank like a peasant?