Viniki hunter anything rarer?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Andarriel, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Stupid this part of the hunter achievement at 122+hrs someone said there was stuff rarer can i please get a list please? and im talking about non raid stuff here.

Andarriel
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It was unnecessary to make a second thread about this.

Andarriel
    Bobbybick, Dibab, Duder and 1 other person like this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

^Duplicate thread.

As for your question, there are ultra rare named in Jaggedpine Forest that are comparable to Vaniki. I think a handful of other classic mobs are also comparable (i.e. King Xorbb, various named in Rathe Mountains and South Karana).
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Go camp this https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=50710

Vaniki is relatively painless if you just check it X number of hours after a server downtime, or just park a tracker in DN and log into it a couple times a day. Actively sitting on the camp would be pretty much pointless since there's nothing you can do to speed it up.
    Nennius and Nadisia like this.
  5. Nadisia Augur

Hehe Bobbybick :D

Yes, Vaniki is rare, its respawn mechanic is weird, but Bobbybick is right, this clicky belt is just ...

[IMG]

But it's an item, not a mob.
    Andarriel likes this.
  6. Izzard of Bertox Augur

I have completed all hunters. The most painful for me was Field of Bone. I cant track, so had to use a box ranger. This took me years of on and off trying.
    Mukkul likes this.
  7. quseio Augur

pegasus quillmane its phs wanders and is preety rare
  8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Quillmane is pretty straightforward to camp with a tracker. It's just finding the right placeholder that has the correct respawn time.
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

I cant tell you how long I have tried to get vaniki and never seen that lil rat. Used to go down there for fabled hoping that would speed things up. One year someone beat me to it and had it dead on BB but said person was nice enough to let me loot the regular version of willsapper. Hence the just cuz you got it does not mean you should get the achievement for hunter. I was just after a slowing item for solo action. There are easier to get out there now thank God.
  10. Sobmre Augur

The driftwood treasure chest, its not a mob but its rare
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I actually got that drop when i did kedge was actually a decent drop compared to other old hunters.

Andarriel
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

You knows whats funny i held off doing south karana because i figure it be a pita and i was right but for the wrong mobs. I thought quil would be tough but ive seen that mob like 15 times. im stuck on synger and grizzleknot. i will do south karana when i finish scarlet destert which has like 50 rare mobs in it and from what ive seen they could add another 30 lol crazy.

Andarriel
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i havent been able to get 1 mob in that zone yet. dont see anyone doing sk without a tracker though although i saw a bst but maybe they can track? he was after quillmane. im down to two mobs there for norrathian slayer or whatever its called.

Andarriel
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Dont bring up jaggedspine it took me like 3 months to get goldentalon lol i had over 1500 griffon meat all other hunter mobs i saw at least 5 times each. King zorbb i got all the hunters within 8 hrs almost thinking fabled made it easier. Rathe mountains took a good while to do as well not for the faint. i did lavastorm in like 6 hrs told that was tough prob just got good rng.

Andarriel
    Issk likes this.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

True and hope others arent doing the same and since im on FV the drop is tradable willsapper non prestiege.

Andarriel
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

South karana is the worst as the phs can wander 3/4 of the zone no lies!

Andarriel
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

a seahorse patriach was the hardest kedge mob for me to spawn at 40hrs. The one that dropped the chest actually spawned pretty fast.

Andarriel
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I know they should have next expansion something that requires Scarslayer achievement so everyone can try vaniki talk about a bottleneck! haha I remember when there was a bottleneck for plane of war and stonewood bow's.

Andarriel
  19. Ninelder Augur

If you think Vaniki is rare you might wanna give up, but lets assume not. The original designers of the game for Vanilla, Kunark, and Velious were SADISTIC! There are spawn mechanics to specific zones that are just beyond your wildest nightmares. DN is one of those zones, although the catch named there that screws most people is Queen Raltaas, not Vaniki.

Go to Alla, and read the comments underneath the mob and zone page. There you will find out how me and many others cracked all these crazy azz spawn mechanics. When we did it many of the named were broken or the devs just plain didn't understand the spawn mechanics, and how zone changes might have screwed them up. Everything should be a lot easier now, and all the information especially to weird spawn mechanics is on Alla in the comments sections.

BTW the rarest named(IMO) is a_lesser_nightmare in Lavastorm, Over a month of 12 to 20 hour days spent just trying to spawn that one mob. Others would say Xorbb, due to his suicide mechanic but that just requires constant vigilance.

One last thing, when you do spawn a super rare mob, shout out to general and kill it in raid format so they can get the credit too(they do not need to be in zone;) you will make friends this way who will likely repay the favour.

Good Hunting.
    Zamiam likes this.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Queen takes awhile yea but not hard at all. keep the odd looking spider up and the spiders in the corners will despawn and respawn eventually. V is just stupid u get one possible spawn every 122 hrs lol. i did lavastorm in 6 hrs no joke and i got lesser twice! just killing roamers. Aslo did gorge from start to finish in 8-10 hrs during fabled might spawn a bit more not sure but was easy.

Andarriel