Fall Fun is coming!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Sep 3, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Community Manager

Fall has come early to Norrath this year, which means it's almost time for the first round of this year's Fall Fun bonuses!

From Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 11:59 PM PT until Monday, September 21, 2020, at 11:59 PM PT, ALL players will receive Double Rare Spawns and Double Faction bonuses during their adventures across Norrath.

Be sure to make haste! These bonuses will disappear when the next round of Fall Fun arrives on September 22!
  2. Spadan New Member

Start this tomorrow to go along with the long labor day weekend and the double xp celebration! : )
  3. Azurefrost Elder

Double faction is great! Just sucks that it also doubles the negative faction you receive, so killing a ph and rare in a place you've built up faction really hurts your faction. Because usually you get x5 the negative faction killing a mob than you do for getting positive faction for them. So you will likely get - 10 for places like Chardok, but only get 2 Chardok faction per goblin kill.
  4. Slowburn New Member

Does the Double rare spawn modifier eefect ground spawns?
  5. dreamweaver Community Manager

It does not.
  6. Azurefrost Elder

Rare spawns mean anything that has a placeholder and doesn't apply to things that always spawn. Example: Hadden doesn't have a place holder. He spawns every time, even though his spawn time is close to 6 hours. This does not increase their spawn timer just the chance that the rare will spawn instead of a placeholder. Since ground spawns don't have a place holder this wouldn't be affected either.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

If they have a way of doubling those kinds of spawns, whether for both NPCs/raid targets and ground spawns or one or the other separately, then that could be a great bonus to use as well. Especially double the shinies! (Collectibles for those that don't call them shinies like normal people. ;))
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You wouldn't complain if you were dating twins!
    Just have to work double hard.
  9. sumnayin Augur

Will there be any DB in-game marketplace discount? I guess we'll find out.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

KC13 wrote:
    Tried finding her again this past weekend given rare spawns were supposed to occur more often. Still have not seen her. I may try again in the future, then maybe not.

...my understanding is the rare spawn events only impact NPC put in the game Omens of War and later due to a code change/flag they made at that time. So all the newer named become more common.

The above is copy and pasted from zam on narra mob which i finally got but got me wondering if older expasnions dont get the bonus. Is there any truth about omens of war or later or maybe also old zones that were revamped get the chance bonus? i did sk when this was happening last time and i got the same stuff i always do. down to two mobs for sk and norrath slayer achievement.

Andarriel

ps funny thing is i was trying to spawn synergy and got narra and brother qwinn on back back back spawns lol no robe though this wasnt during double rare this was like last month even got a screenshot. think narra spawns running.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

12. Nniki Augur

As long as they're flagged as rare (/con as rare creature) and are on an encounter table (have placeholders / alternate spawns), they will be affected by the bonus chance to spawn.
    Heroic Adventures, yes.
    Pick zones, yes.
    LDoNs, yes.
    How it works:
    A related hunter achievement is not necessary for their spawn chance to be affected. For example, here Prathun states in 2016 that Velious named were affected before the hunter achievement for them was added in 2017:
    Backfilling hunter achievements is something they'd like to do but is not a priority.
  13. Nniki Augur

You need to use the direct link to the image inside an img tag. What you have there is the imgur post, which has the image embedded within a web page; don't copy the Image Link from the imgur sharing options, as that's what you'll get.

You'll know you have the correct link if it has an image file extension like .jpg or .png.

The links you need to use look like this:
    From the imgur sharing options, you'll want to either copy the Direct Link and insert it into your forum post with the Insert/edit image button (button with a picture of a tree on it) or, alternatively, you can simply copy the BBCode and paste it into your forum post.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Andarriel like this.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

[IMG][IMG]

Ok cool my first pictures!

Andarriel
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am excited for the double rares to hunt some ToV augments for my alts.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Worked! Little tip for future screen shot postings - F10 will turn on and off all that personal info such as your inventory or other things you might not want shared. You can also minimize windows like you have on a couple to make it look cleaner
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

thanks for the tip but ive seen people who raid or have army bots and they can only see like 20% of there screen lol. mine is actually pretty clean considering i have 5 hotkey buttons and such. although i do like f10 can see more stuff especially when im doing south karana just wish i was able to add tracking to that screen lol.

Andarriel
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

For double rares im gonna finish off hollowshade moore need 2 mobs then start on scarlet desert to have moon slayer achievement :)

Andarriel
  19. Mediik Augur

WTB double chase loot xp.. thanks
  20. Jondalar Augur

So about those dates...... looks like 1 ended 24 hours early and the other started 24 hours early?