Ice Encrusted (chase) items ranked by value?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

As the ToV expansion comes to a close, which Ice Encrusted (chase) items do players think will carry their value (demand and durability)?

My assessment (from best to worst):

1. EM (Pet) Earring.
    2. Knight Weapons and Shield (2HS, 1HB, Tower Shield).
    3. Ranger Bow.
    4. Rogue Dagger.
    5. Earrings (due to high TBL AC).
    6. 2H Melee weapons.
    7. Caster weapons.
    8. All other weapons, shields, and bows.
    9. Rings, Necks, Shoulders, Cloaks.
    10. Charms (Geomantra likey to leap next expac).
    11. Belts (due to jump to dual procs in ToV belts).

*Weapons ought to hold some aesthetic value for alts and casual players.

Any thoughts?

Additionally, my thought is that chase loot should revert to nonvisibles-only every other expansion (e.g. no weapons as chase loot in TBL).
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

I think almost the opposite (that weapons/shields should be the standard set, with non-visibles sprinkled in occasionally), barring any changes. Since the luck values are on the prior expansion's tables, do the non-visibles hold much lasting value beyond the pet ear?

As for your question, I don't know really. I haven't seen any and I don't expect to see any, so their value to me is nil.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Good point. I did not consider the luck values. Although some argue luck benefits are minimal (other threads).

My reasoning behind offsetting years for chase weapons is because some may want to maintain the prestige and goals of raiding. Weapons are symbols of power. Plus, the devs may not want to create additional weapon graphics for each set of chase loot.

Edit: Ice Encrusted earrings' AC were adjusted for ToV so my original assessment is wrong in that sense. Ice Encrusted Earring of Adroitness, however, holds 393 AC.
  4. p2aa Augur

Inside each non visible stuff, security stuff is ranked higher than other. As it has usually the best stats for most classes.
    Also, you forgot the war only weapon.
    I would put it at the same rank than the knight 1hb, and rank the tank shield higher than this, so
    1) Em pet earring
    2) Tank shield
    3) Knight only weapon / War only weapon
    Benito likes this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

What is this ice encrusted stuff you speak of? I think it is fake news! I will believe it when I loot one ;)
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

I saw one once, being sold in genchat :p
  7. Mediik Augur

I've never one drop.
  8. Maedhros High King

I think the rarity hurts the Ice Encrusted value. With supply and demand, rare things become more valuable only if the demand is high. If these were more common, maybe the demand would raise.
    I think the strength of stats and ease of acquisition of the Velium Infused (group TS) items hurts the Ice encrusted value.
    I think the massive overwhelming abundance of actual TOV raid gear hurts the value of Ice Encrusted.

Put all of those things together.
    Raid geared players certainly don't need it.
    Raid geared players alts certainly don't need it.
    Group geared players are even less likely to see them drop than raiders, since the kill rate is so much slower (typically).
    Group geared players tend to be less wealthy in game than raiders, so would most likely not be willing to spend big money on one or two rare items that are statistically a wash with readily available and free group gear.

Aside from a few niche items, it seems like if I was a group player I would just get a suit of the TS gear and save a ton of plat.

I do wonder if a substantial amount of the Ice Encrusted has ended up on FV, but even if it did, who would buy that as opposed to the super abundant and better at everything T1 TOV raid loot?
  9. Xerzist Augur

They all have no value. Because I haven't looted juan and the universe is falling down :(
    Benito likes this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I agree. I think the market is a bit skewed. Some people price Ice Encrusted so high (i.e. double digit Krono prices for top items) that people develop no interest. I like the current level of rarity, however.

You bring up a good point. The difference between Ice Encrusted and ToV T2 group is probably around 10-20% upgrade. I suspect the next expansion's T1 or T2 group items will meet or exceed Ice Encrusted items (unless this was a one-time leap between TBL and ToV item tables). Previously, chase items could last around 2 expansions. (Certain raid-level procs and clicks may help specific Ice Encrusted items). I wonder if we are up tempo in terms of stat inflation.
    Maedhros likes this.
  11. Mazame Augur

The Value on all of these chase drops is next to 0. ToV has been a loot pinata. This was created by a few things.
    1st the Raid events were very easy. Most of the 48 reg guilds on elite gamers 35 have completed T1, and 31 of them beating T2, T3. The fact that so many have been farming the raids means a lot more raid loot out there. This means the Chase drops value is down.
    2nd the 6 month patch brought on not only double the nuggets but Double to loot. So again with a LOT more loot going out means a Lot less need for the chase items. In most guilds people have full raid gear on 2 toon and other are working on 4+ toons becoming fully geared. BTW we still have Till Nov to keep farming.
    3rd is the fact That the Nuggets can be used to make any item. That means things like the pet ear or knight weapon that was once harder to get due to demand is now often the 1st thing made by people so the Demand for the chase loot again is down because the demand is down.

The high cost people ask is a joke. Like other have said the people that play a lot and can farm pp / krono to pay the higher price are the people that are raiding and enjoying the Pinata. they have no need for these chase drops.

The people that don't raid often do play enough to be able to buy the chase drops so to them it pointless because they can't afford them.

If you got them early and sold them you got money but as the OP was asking about what will hold the value the answer is NONE. with a loot Pinata flowing it easy to get in a pick up raid and pick up loot. even if you can't get the 1 item you want you will be able to get coin and buy it after only a few raids. After all Sept here and coin drops will be hit 40 per event soon. 7 events and you get a nugget = you get any Item you want. Most pick up raid are hitting 3-4 events so that means every 2 weeks you attend you can get a raid item. That not counting what you win during those events.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

This is pretty much 99% of Vox. Unless you are in EA, you don't see raid loot (either from ToV or TBL).

Personally, the only Ice Encrusted items I have are my weapons. The rest is T3 TS gear.
  13. Nadisia Augur

Wow Sturm, so I am in this 1% of blessed Vox groupers, as I've dropped ... 1 chase. :D
    Honestly, I've been really lucky, cuz it was a really good one, my SK 1H mace.

But yeah, the drop rate is really low, I've killed tons of mobs, and it's the only one I got.
    It's way worse than it was during RoS (I've got 8 or 9 chase loots during RoS).

Ok, the drop rate is not linear, there is some variance, but from 1 to 9? hmmm ... o_O
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

Well, I was more pointing out on Maedhros' comment that due to the population makeup of Vox, 99% of us are group geared, so our kill rate is much slower than raid-geared people, and we are also less wealthy (unless you are a 24/7 bot crew) than raiders. EA is the only guild on Vox that is raiding TBL/ToV, so they are the the only ones that see current raid gear.
    Nadisia likes this.
  15. LheoXX New Member

Pet earring , then weapons, then statgear :)
  16. PhinigelKronoFarmer Journeyman

I should play the lottery. I've gotten 2 pieces so far by "accident."

First drop was a Ring of Adroitness, which dropped off a trash in TOFS that I was going to skip. As I was about to click to the next floor, an invis faded or got clicked off by accident and I aggro'd.

Second drop was the Longbow. Someone had trained a few dwarfs to the zoneline in GD where I had just zoned into from EW. One of those dwarfs dropped the bow.
  17. Thunderkiks Augur

May be different on different servers as well. I bought the knight 1 hander and a rogue dagger in the bazaar.
  18. Schadenfreude Augur

On FV the EM earring is by far the most sought after followed by the Knight only items. Those sell consistently for over the price of a Krono (currently between 2.7m and 3m). This is mostly down to /test copying.

After that rings are quite popular for around a Krono and everything else is 2m or less, GMM or TBL raid tradeskill drops are available now and then for 2m so Encrusted is fairly meh.

Unfortunately, any normal player looting something hoping to get some decent coin for it is usually out of luck as the main FV RMT scripter lives in Great Divide 24/7 and has bags full of Encrusted to sell as a side benefit from their PL-ing empire.
    Benito likes this.
  19. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You're sig is http and not https, it is flagging this thread to be ! Not Secure.

Right click it, inspect it and it shows http. (google chrome).
    Just change it to https :)

:)
  20. Natal Augur

More than that have completed the expansion. My guild has not updated their progress on that site for years but have completed all of the ToV raids shortly after they became unlocked.

There is a ton of loot that drops in those raids. My main is fully geared in tier 2 ToV gear and I have two alts that have ToV raid gear in all but 2 slots.

Anyone who is in a raiding guild or guests with a raiding guild is going to be fully geared in this stuff. They don't need the chase items.