Nameds have disappeared

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Orcen, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Orcen Elder

So we killed about 450 placeholders for nameds in EW now.. Zero nameds popped..
    There is something wrong with the named pop rates... its bad enough that they only drop the ore at about 18% rate, but now the nameds dont even pop..
    Without raid gear you cant beat the missions to get a shot at Ore in the chests, so what is a player to do. I dont want to raid again, and could list 50 reasons why and you would probably agree..
    Should we just give up playing altogether?
  2. haaaalp Augur

lol
    Jondalar and Duder like this.
  3. Monkman Augur

First off, you dont need raid gear to beat the missions... Griklor and Restless Assault (GD) are very straightforward events you can bring a few competent players in and beat 99.99% of the time. Kael + Velks (considered t2 missions) can be a little more difficult if you struggle w/ tanking or dps but even then, very simple compared to past expansions missions.

Second, which server do you play on? By this point in the expansion most players have geared their alts and their alt's alts in ore/ts gear. Asking around in general or try sending a few tells to players you see around the mission givers you might be surprised some folks willing to taskadd you into a mission to loot the ores. I know the past 2 months or so i've just rotted them off every mission I have done w/ my box's.. I would be more than happy to let someone in to loot some ores get a task completion as I'm usually only working on one or two toons while the others are completely maxxed.
  4. Duder Augur

RNG can be a punk! =/ Though I doubt 450 PHs without data. Also, missions do NOT require raid gear in the slightest. Not even close. Not even a smidgeon. But you will want to have characters you have to be equipped, plenty of AA's, auged, etc. Your 105 heroic toons in heroic gear aint gonna cut it. Start an expansion or two back. You are playing in the easiest most gear rich expansion Everquest has ever seen. What more do you want? Do you even want to play the game?
  5. FasterThenLy New Member

Wondered too why some named in ToFS are popping so rare. But perhaps bad luck. I am used a faster way to get the Hunter Achievement.

And for the missions. If somebody like you Duder, who clearly stated that he uses automated macros in his box with optimized classes then its clear that this is again "easy". But you are not alone. Many here are bragging around and complaining about the easy missions while they use automated cheat programs but some normal or casual players are still at the edge. Not everybody plays your cheating style, so accept there are other players who are not maxed with AA and in full appropriate gear.

The missions in ToV are sometimes a challenge but with TBL gear in Gold or with ToV T1 gear, it is possible to beat (EW/GD). Velks is a different thing, without DPS it is mostly a fail. And Kael is cruel. I feel for people who are there at the edge. If you know what you do and if you are good in 115/AA/group gear then its a nice challenge. Raiders or peeps with ultrarare DPS/Tank slip through it like warm butter.

So here a feedback and another view from somebody playing not fully maxed toons in ToV too.
  6. Natal Augur

The tier 1 missions are not hard at all.

They drop two ore every time as well, plus occasional type 18/19 components. If people want ore then hunting nameds is not the way to go.