When does the rest of Aradune get to farm VP keys?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rizlowder, Aug 25, 2020.

1. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

VP is a pretty dumpster fire zone with mostly underwhelming loot. Skip it and save yourself the aggravation and just wait for velious.

So glad I didn't bother this go around, but I get wanting to go there if you've never done it before.

The key quest sucks on TLP, even with the changes. The only hard part of VP is convincing your members to stay awake long enough to collect their medallion pieces.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Confirmation of my (poorly worded) explanation of the Sleeper's Tomb AoC
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/sleeper-on-tlps-with-aocs.251540/
  3. Captain Video Augur

There are still raid targets in the zone after the Sleeper has woken up and gone, so yes there is an AoC for them, but that's a completely separate thing. In the original version, Kerafyrm was removed from the game once he had woken up and done his rampage. He reappears in SoF as part of the Crystallos raid event sequence, and is identified as "Kerafyrm the Awakened", regardless of whether he was ever actually woken up. :)

EDIT: In the thread you linked, it says the warders are still there in the instance. I have never personally seen this, but I could be mistaken. I do know you can't do anything with the Sleeper himself in the instance, it only exists for the sake of the other raid targets. The Sleeper has to be awakened in the OW zone.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

I went back and read all the discussion of sleeper/ST in this thread and I think we are talking about different things.

You are saying there is no AoC to watch the Sleeper awaken and rampage around via his script (partly) because the script it broken?

If that is the case I have misunderstood what you are trying to say when you say there is no Sleeper AoC as I took that to mean that you thought there was no AoC for that zone (there is). If you use the ST AoC before he is woke up in OW you get ST 1.0 and get to see him sleeping (not sure if he wakes up and kills everyone in your instance once the 4 dragons are killed or not, never been to ST 1.0) If you use the ST AoC after he is woke up in OW you get ST 2.0 and there is a completely different loot table.

Multiple people have requested the AoC give you a choice of which version to go to, not sure how technically possible that is but the devs haven't given it to us (yet). Personally I think that would be more worthy of their time than revisiting VP key quest again.
  5. Captain Video Augur

The two different loot tables are a completely separate issue from the question of whether the Sleeper can be awakened within an AoC, which I have said I don't think is possible due to code issues. Devs don't want to keep the rare drops in the ST 1.0 loot table going, it's RMT for the people who farm it knowing it will soon disappear, which is at the core of almost every TLP issue people fight about on here. Since I have argued many times in many other threads that Krono sales are a necessary evil to keep funding alive for even having TLPs to begin with, I don't like to bite the hand that feeds us, and strongly advise others not to do so, either. Interestingly, VP keying (the actual topic of this thread) doesn't have an RMT component that I can see, it's simply a matter of time and guild commitment, which some players aren't willing to invest.

I also doubt there are two distinct 1.0 and 2.0 AoC's here. Loot tables and NPC placements can be controlled by simple if-then-else logic, in this case based on the true/false condition of "is the Sleeper awake yet". I don't recall anything in the zone geography changing. The raid targets are exactly the same. But I could be wrong, as I can't recall seeing any dev post about it.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Exactly, so shouldn't* be too hard to code the AoC to decide which version of the instance to pop for you if the devs wanted.

*20 year old spaghetti code, ymmv
  7. Captain Video Augur

In terms of coding, yes that part would be easy. The reason I highly doubt it will ever be done is because of the long-standing pattern of dev decisions which serve to keep ultra-rare items ultra-rare. I actually think there are a few dev posts on this subject in the newer forums, but I'm too tired to search for them. Something about double XP...
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  8. jeskola pheerie

This guy gets it. Captain Video, like always, doesn"t.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  9. TheGoblin Elder

Hey, we just had a 15 zone in to PD server wide kill today. Losers can't even triple split trak or hold 5 key camps at once.

Go dry about your broken golem some more.
  10. Protagonist Tank

Doing this same joke over and over here and Reddit simultaneously doesn't make it more clever.
  11. jeskola pheerie

Are you sure the other players had Asperger's Syndrome? How did you know?
  12. Protagonist Tank

I noticed when they questioned commonly used idiom rather than recognizing it as hyperbole.