When does the rest of Aradune get to farm VP keys?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rizlowder, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Zinkeh Augur

Flagging is bad enough on TLP....keys are just ridiculous. You have the same camps, the same time sinks, the same farms but no where NEAR the time per expansion that we had back in the day. Keys especially are a gross and unnecessary feature in a TLP. After 20 years I have still never...not once...stepped into Veeshans Peak, Sleepers Tomb, or Vex Thal.
  2. Xhartor Augur

I can't to see how the server reacts when TEB beats faceless time to wake the Sleeper.
  3. Zinkeh Augur

Better a guild than a freakin botter like on mangler. I could not believe they allowed that.
  4. Thalliius Augur

Its a great time to play on it.. tons of players across all the level ranges, and MOST of the population is courteous and respectful in terms of how they treat other players, or respecting camps that people are farming

There are only 2 or 3 guilds that are full of D-bags and don't play well with others, but you can avoid them for the most part unless you need your VP key or some other bottleneck that they've decided to lock down and monopolize
  5. Thalliius Augur

Nobody is going to give a $hit, outside of people just being generally annoyed that the Sleeper is dropped again, preventing them from seeing that content.

I've played this game 21 years and have never seen that content, and never will. That is unfortunate, but I'm over it... nobody cares if a bunch of unemployed people got together and killed a dragon in record time

Sleeper should be AoC, so that guilds can do the progression of that zone and experience the content.. but that will never realistically happen
    Aneuren likes this.
  6. Siah Elder

If you can't beat em, join em? Then you can get to see it? idk lol
  7. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Lol I love how thallius is just posting across every thread calling everyone who is better than him at a video game unemployed. I love that cop out, its a classic.
  8. Thalliius Augur

lol, i dont really know you so i dont know how good or bad you may be at this game... but you're confusing time commitment with skill. I've already done the batphone guild thing on original live EQ on FV, with the guild Fire and Fury, when there were no AoCs and it was a race to get all the OW crap..

We dominated for years, with Resolute or Resolution (forgot exactly what their name was) being the only guild that could even come close to us.. and they were doing it with 70-80+ zerg raids, we were doing it with about 40 and spearheading all of the content on that server for YEARS.

That was when I was a teenager with no responsibilities. Now I have a good paying full time job, a wife, a son and a social life. It's not a matter of not having the ability or skill to do what you're doing, its simple a matter of not having the time to do that and still keep balance in everything else going on in my life.

I'm in a casual guild now that raids 2 nights a week, and we beat all classic content in era, and are progressing along just fine with Kunark right now.. we have about 40 on our raids, all very knowledgeable and skilled players. You have to be skilled at this game to be able to effectively progress through all of the content with only 2 raid nights a week in a casual guild

So this idea that time commitment = skill is just ludicrous
  9. Shibe New Member

Because classic is really challenging right?
  10. Thalliius Augur

never really said it was or wasnt.. but you have all of these elitists that are always pounding their chest about how great they are making posts bragging about defeating classic content for the 50th time

/shrug
  11. Captain Video Augur

Off-topic for this thread, but... The Sleeper can't be AoC'ed, because the code is an ugly mess. In-era, the Sleeper rampaged through many different zones after awakening, and that doesn't happen anymore because the code is broken.
  12. Thalliius Augur

yea thats a shame, was such a cool concept.. i still remember seeing the world wide messages when Sleeper was woke up FV, was an exciting thing
  13. Xhartor Augur

Most monks tend to care, the Shroud of Longevity is the BIS chest item until the EP's, and stop dropping once he is awoken.

It is easier to farm avatar weapons once he has been awoken and revamped version kicks in.
  14. Queezy New Member

15. jeskola pheerie

You don't know that. Stop coming on here stating speculation like it is fact, unless you have a dev quote to back it up.
  16. Captain Video Augur

I would link to any of several dev posts by Rashere back on the old forum, but it and the posts are gone. The mere fact that the Sleeper has been awakened on recent TLPs and has >NOT< gone on a multi-zone rampage should be proof in itself that the script code is broken. Some of us have been playing, at least on and off, for the full 20 years and know the history from experience; others of us who don't have quite the same gameplay history get their kicks out of callouts on the forum.

I can even tell you when the script code was changed, and why. The original intent was to have Kerafyrm be unkillable. However, a guild alliance on Zek figured out an exploit and intended to kill him with a force of 200. They almost had him one night, but shortly before death it despawned. Controversy arose over whether this was a bug, or GM intervention. SOE publicly apologized (again, relevant forum posts are gone), and the alliance successfully killed Kerafyrm the next night. Rashere then changed the script code to prevent the scenario from being repeated. At that point in time, the Sleeper had been previously awakened on every live server other than Zek and Al'Kabor. As I recall it, there was no public Test server yet. So, the modified code wasn't actually publicly tested until newer servers were launched, and it was discovered that Kerafyrm would no longer zone, among other issues.

Rashere is long gone. Prathun knows the history of this, and I'm sure would confirm everything I've just written, but now he's gone too. If you don't want to believe me, that's entirely your prerogative.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

Pretty sure he was talking about your assertion that the sleeper couldn't be AOC'd, not that the Sleeper script is broken. A broken rampage script lends itself better to being AoC'able since it doesn't do anything outside the zone anyways, why not have it work in AoC? And correct me if I'm wrong, I've never hit pre-woken ST, but doesn't the AoC simply match what OW is currently, ie if you go into the AoC BEFORE he's awoken in OW, you get a sleeping Sleeper and then when he is awake in OW all the AoC instances swap to post sleeper ST?
    jeskola likes this.
  18. Pawtato Augur

My dream is that TEQB brings everyone they can possibly bring and open it up to PUGs. Bring so many players that crashes the zone, server, and rest of the servers. It would be beautiful.
  19. Captain Video Augur

No. An AoC instance is always a fixed starting point, with timers reset to pre-determined values. That's how you can be guaranteed relevant spawns in an AoC when they could be down and waiting a long time in the OW version of the zone. So if you have an AoC at all, it will be the sleeping version of Kerafyrm, because that's the only thing people want there, to keep waking him up over and over to see what happens. The problem is that the script code is trying to do things in other OW zones, on the premise that an awakened Kerafyrm is rampaging, and those are steps that can't be happening over and over, because the code is a mess and can end up breaking those other zones somehow (I don't claim to know the details, that would be a Prathun question).

To make the AoC, they would first have to eliminate all the references in the Sleeper's script code to all of the other zones he once traversed, and that's why it would be a major development undertaking just to figure it out. If it was easy, Prathun would have long since restored the Sleeper's ability to zone.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

There is an AoC for ST and is most definitely not (currently) a sleeping Kerafym version.