UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NinjutsuMMO, Sep 4, 2020.

1. NinjutsuMMO Augur

every once in a while i like to bring attention some things i see and concern me.. this particular subject is that of what appears to be a fractured community scattered all over on a bunch of dead servers...

is there nothing wrong with the current state of the community or is it just my impression ?
    i always see people asking about this server or that server when returning and i see people giving up because they cant find groups or such with all the level ranges and content in such a huge gaming world as norrath....

wouldn't it be better to have more servers consolidated or is there a reason its like this ?
    and what gives with all these tlp servers opening up nonstop and fracturing the community more and more with really no difference in them truly game-breaking..

Shrug,
    maybe everything's working as intended...

anyways we need a new pvp tlp locked in some low lvl era please make it happen....
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

yikes
    Duder and Szilent like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They merged some servers recently.

You complain about the amount of servers and then in your last sentence ask for a new one. :rolleyes:
    Hellowhatsyourname, Allayna and svann like this.
  4. KermittheFroglok Augur

Because not everyone wants to be on a more populated server. They just merged a lot of servers a few months ago and the glitches/etc are a headache to work out after the merge.

A lot of people like starting fresh and playing just the first few expansions. They tried just launching a couple Agnarr clones this past year that'd presumably get recycled/merged into Agnarr but the community backlash of having two the new TLPS PoP Locked caused them to change their mind. (Although to keep the game maintainable they probably will have to start launching recycle servers and only launching a full expac. progression server once ever few years.)

Another way to phrase it is that most of the TLP community moves to newest TLP because it's offering the older content most people want to play, the people that want to progress through the "mid era" content are in the minority. In other words, the new TLPs launching is less of the problem, the greater problem is more people lose interest somewhere between Gates of Discord and Depths of Darkhollow. DPG launches the new servers to keep those players that don't care for that content.

Hardly anyone wants this because EQ was designed and tuned with PVE in mind, PVP is essentially broken and working strategies entail either brute force or exploits. DPG probably won't ever consider this EQ2's recent attempts at a seasonal TLP PvP (e.g. Nagafen) failed terribly and didn't last long. If you want PvP start a PvP guild and have one another /duel each other on an existing TLP.
  5. svann Augur

Until that happens you can get a bunch of like minded people and everyone flag pvp, even on a pve server. You will have to put up with sharing the server with non-reds, but otherwise it would be just like having a pvp server.

And if you succeed in forming a red community that will be proof that there is a need for it.
  6. KermittheFroglok Augur

To add, PvP’ing on a blue server comes with the benefit of having a better/functioning economy to gear up with making PvP more accessible.
  7. Raccoo Augur

[IMG]
  8. The real Sandaormo Augur

The TLP/old school servers are probably why we still have EQ. There are a lot of people that like the start from scratch versions of this game. Look at Aradune on launch, it about broke the server there were so many people wanting in. Waiting in a que for 4 hours to get into EQ? Unheard of since the last big TLP server opened.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I forgot, what channel are these sisters from again:)
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I do agree the population has dropped.
    There are 300 players in general, and 5 talk. No one buffing, no one grouping.

But I am thankful that I'm allowed to be part of a bot game ! Thanks for letting me play, even though I'm not a bot.

#kissmysarcasticarse!