Narandi roars and twirls his axe

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Yinla, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

During the GD raid (ToV) we get the emote "Narandi roars and twirls his axe". Not sure how this is possible as at this stage he is carrying a spear like weapon.

However when he splits into 4 all 4 are carrying axes.

Either the emote is wrong or he is carrying the wrong weapon.
    Jaylnn and Skuz like this.
  2. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

In beta he only had axes. The axes were questioned. Narandi carries a spear, and its one of the biggest things he was known for. The devs decided it made a lot less sense for him to have an axe and not his lance, so he was changed to weilding the spear/lance again. They never changed the emotes to match the new weapon look.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They didn't change the splits to spear/lance either they still have axes.
  4. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

I justified it in my mind that they werent real and were meant to be decoys, so he switched to the same weapon as his decoys too. Hiding his true self in a series of fakes.

Im mostly joking there... It was brought up when they switched the weapon type on the main back in beta, but was never fixed. Both the axe emote and the clones uses the axes while he had his lance back was, but it wasnt changed/fixed. I figure at this point the axes are here to stay. They can chance to emote to his lance/spear, but i dont see them reassigning anything graphically to correct the others, but i may be surprised
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'm dropping Absor a bug on this, *BUT*, since this is a cosmetic and not a functional bug, I'm assigning it to the January 2021 sprint. I.E. it's on the roster, but not anytime soon. I'm giving the current project he is on through December priority.
  6. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Is that secret project called "the next expansion"???
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Your Absor's boss?
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Perhaps a vague clue to the name of the next expansion.

"The Search for Rosba"

A series of long, involved quests to reassemble the long lost, semi-mythical god named Rosba. Each zone will, after completion of a long series of quests requiring many multiple hails of the same NPC and a long TS arc giving an item with ill-defined stats, give as it's reward a portion of the remains of Rosba. Ultimately, after a truly painful last quest to put all of the pieces together, Rosba will be revealed to look something like:

[IMG]

At which point the sound of evil laughter will be heard as it recedes in the mists of time.