Aradune Progress - Let's talk.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rivalry, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Rivalry Apprentice

Aradune Progress...
    [IMG]

There seems to be a lot noise about the Aradune Progress website that's up and running at https://aradune-progress.com/

I'm the engineer that wrote the code for the site. I also run an incredibly fun and chill guild on the Aradune server. I started the Aradune Progress website as a fun little side project because ... that's what engineers do. It's my RL profession, and I'm always looking for little endeavors that I can use to try new things, create useful inspirational corners of the internet, and keep my knowledge train rolling. It makes me better at my job.
    It's my hobby and my career.

Recently, I realized that the moderator who was responsible for reviewing and approving the data for the site was filtering what information was published and displayed based on their own personal opinions and feelings about other guilds and players on the server. The result of these emotions was that data was removed from the site for certain guilds, or withheld from being rendered entirely. And while I share some of the frustrations about some aspects of the Aradune community, I allowed myself some time to reflect and hear the opinions of people I admire and trust who play this game with me. As this website, its reputation, and its integrity reflects directly on me when I use my work as a code sample on a resume or as part of my engineering portfolio, I'm not okay with this behavior.

To shorten what could be a very long essay of my own thoughts and feelings on the matter... I will be taking over moderation duties on the site, which I built, and will restore unbiased data for any guild that wants their information published. I believe sites like this demonstrate the health of a server's population, the vibrancy and energy of its players, and should be a tool to help us all tell our Everquest stories, both the exciting and the frustrating. I would rather my time and energy be spent reflected in that spirit, rather than one of bias, fake news, and bullying. You may not appreciate, understand, or agree with the manner in which some people play or lead in this game (I have issues with some of it just like others do), but a website like this one, trying to judge player behavior, is nonsense.

If your guild was removed, left out, or misrepresented in any way, let's get that fixed. You can begin submitting proper achievement data, or reach out to Rivalry in the Discord which is linked at the top of the site. Keep it simple. Be excellent to each other. Take your meds.

- Rivalry <Spirit of Eventide>
    Portis, Mithra, Gemdiver and 9 others like this.
  2. Barder-mangler Augur

+1 for Integrity, respect!
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Who deleted data? Cmon...
  4. Relentless Insomnia

I own these domains currently if you have any interest in them:
    [IMG]

I don't know what happened with your moderator, but you sound like a respectable person and a professional so I'd be glad to transfer them to you at no cost if you'd utilize them.
    Galaras likes this.
  5. Rivalry Apprentice

Just add a DNS entry to forward them over to the progress site, and that would be great! The site was built to be useful for any server, not just Aradune, so it's possible we can keep this going for other current and future TLP's very easily. I know there are already some great progress sites for previous TLPs, and I'm going to add links to the site to allow people to find their way to them.
    Galaras likes this.
  6. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

Let's be real. The guild of this creator is one of the most credible on the entire server and there is a reason why they don't often, if ever, get brought up for disruptive play. I commend them for that.

I don't agree necessarily in including a certain guild, as I personally felt the former admin's efforts were at least one of the few who were willing to stand up against the problems the server was having and it certainly had a "justice served" feel to it, but I respect this posts author and reasoning.
    Karreck likes this.
  7. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

I see that some things were fixed, but I also noticed on the site that AM epic completions and Kunark progress (besides VP) have not been added.
  8. Rivalry Apprentice

I don't have this data! Please submit it through the website!
  9. Galaras Lorekeeper

Just a suggestion as you further work to develop, but on previous TLP progressions websites, clicking on a guild name would take you to that guilds website or discord location. I found this really handy on previous TLP's.

I appreciate you stepping up and getting the site back to a historical reference.
    TLP Addict likes this.
  10. Relentless Insomnia

Done.

The domain expires April 2021, and I have no plans to renew it at this time. If you want to take ownership of it between now and then just reach out to me. I'm not difficult to find.
    HicksAradune likes this.
  11. Shibe New Member

Are you going to post on every thread about how salty you feel about TEB? Must be your first TLP buddy.
    Galaras likes this.
  12. Pawtato Augur

Can you all just be the cool nerds for once?
    jeskola likes this.
  13. Exekute New Member

The most humorous part about this is that no one in TEB seems to even care. It's not like disappearing from the website changed the reality of their new record. All it did was invalidate the website. Whoever thought it was a good idea to remove facts was not a very smart person.
    HoodenShuklak, Galaras and Machen like this.
  14. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

This is a public forum for the game. I have the privilege of responding to the threads that I wish. You can choose to ignore what I write, or not.
    Talimat likes this.
  15. HicksAradune Augur

Thanks for signing up to the forums just for this sole purpose
  16. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

You're welcome ! Thanks for responding !
  17. Shibe New Member

I just think its funny you signed up with a different name just to cry about TEB.
  18. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

It is my understanding that personal attacks are not allowed on the forums. Thank you for your response to me, but at this time I am not interested in this dialogue.
  19. TLP Addict Augur

This please
  20. ISupportGuilds Journeyman

Great work on the site and I'm glad you are stepping up taking back control and keeping it accurate and bias free! /cheers!