Only 25%?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Tappin Augur

Does it matter if you watch an episode of your favorite show the instant it comes out or 10 months from now? Not everyone has cash flow to buy the new expansion for all their alts. So yes, buying the expansion with a 50% sale make sense.
    Nennius and FasterThenLy like this.
  2. Tappin Augur

I don’t really care about the sale. What I find annoying is someone who says the a nerfed sale is some how beneficial.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The sale was not "nerfed". This is a new sale. The sale started at 25% and is still 25%.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Zamiam Augur

when they do a patch and change something that has been in game for over a decade and it worsens that is a nerf .. the 50% off sale has been that way for 6 to 8 years or so and then they worsen it so ya I'd call that a Nerf :p
    alot of people are unhappy about it ..
    FasterThenLy likes this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

When you see a sale on a pair of jeans, that's 40% off... and the next month it's only 25% off... do you pitch a fit then too? Sales change.
  6. KermittheFroglok Augur

Well, in a social game like an MMO, yes, you do benefit from being in the expansion when it launches. Unfortunately, it looks like you're struggling to rationalize why you would want to be behind?

Your cash flow argument is still generally moot because you can even alternate your accounts when you alternate your standard expansion purchases and end up spending the same amount as you would with the 50% sale. Not ideal, but still results in a similar benefit and is better than the 50% sales. (So there was an "Option C" that still beats "Option A" in my post).

Another alternative is that if you have a monthly sub, is simply to go Silver or F2P on those accounts for a month. That's a very viable option for ToV because you can just divert all your AA experience towards the new level cap for a month, and then re-sub the following month. Again, not ideal but a viable option.

But to be serious, if someone is really running into cash flow issues buying these for their alts, then they're probably already spending more on EQ than is healthy. It's not uncommon for a player to have 6 accounts, but that $17.5 * 6 is only $105. If spending an extra $105 is a cash flow problem then the player either has bigger financial problems that should be prioritized over EQ, and probably shouldn't even be spending money on multiple boxes.
  7. Zamiam Augur

for me its not a cash flow issue . I have plenty of cash I just choose what I want to spend the money on and IF I can save money I will ..

I used to be that person who bought the most current expansion and back in the day when you had nice guilds and lots of players to group with on active servers during the times and days I played .. seriously, back in the day I was an EQ addict so I played 10 to 15 hours a day and prolly 20 on my days off 5 to 6 days a week .. now that I'm older the game has changed and so have I .. I'm old now :( not a young whipper snapper anymore .. I play maybe 5 to 10 hours a week 3 or 4 days a week and 1 of those days is my day off .. I cant sit for more than a few hours at a time playing this game .. any game really ..

EQ has not done anything really to bring in new players they dont advertise at all never have or rarely maybe when EQ was new for a few years but after that nothing .. EQ rely's on word of mouth and past players to come back to the game to play on the live servers or when a new TLP gets released..

I dont mind supporting a game that has our best interest in hand .. I don't feel they do that is just my opinion .. I still purchase a membership here or there for an alt account if i need to get some aa's and I still try to support this game by buying the expansions when they go on sale. I usually do buy the current expansion for my main account basic standard one for $30.. then I wait till 10 months later to buy the rest of my accounts and upgrade my mains .

they continue to do things to piss people off or annoy them .. myself included .. continuous down times , crashes .. rampant botting groups not being handled like they should (although this one doesnt bother me that much as they usually are not in my way ) not doing any EQ advertising to try and get new blood( because they know they cant get new players) because EQ cant stand head to head with current games out there.. so EQ has to rely on us its loyal fan base.. and how do they treat us not very well most the time .. sure on occasion they meet our expectations .. expansions are getting smaller now they dont include anything with the standard edition like in expansions past ..you have to buy the premium expansion just to get the illusion now ..

I put as much money into this game as this game gives back to me .. sure 10+ years ago this was a great game and expansions were awesome fanfare was awesome the EQ team was awesome we had guides in game and active quests or adventures organised by the guides ..

there's more rude people on general chat than ever before ..which is why I dont usually click on that tab i just keep it on a tab i dont use ..

I wait the 10 months to head into the previous expansion because who wants the flood of players in the small zones that create to much lag and crashes and bugs on quests and stuff .. i figure its easier to wait till that gets all sorted out ..

this has been a bit longer than i expected .. I still spend money on this game however over the years ive been getting cheaper and cheaper as my return on my investment has gotten smaller and smaller..

Maybe if the Dev's would actually take the time to release another big expansion with another lvl increase and more raids (see I'm not forgetting about you raiders :p) then I might decide to spend alittle more cash ..

I'm sure I'm forgetting about a few things over the last 5 years that have made me dislike the Dev's more and more but thats all we see they are the face of EQ ..

Oh and I dont count a FB page and tweeter advertising ..

the above rant is just solely my opinion only and anyone who actually reads it please take it with a grain of salt.. also for those that want to comment on my spelling or grammar please dont I never said I was an English major or minor for that fact..
    FasterThenLy likes this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Complain on the one hand about not people to play with while at the same time not get expansions for 10 months because the zones have too many people?

Umm....
  9. Zamiam Augur

their should be a happy in between .. also I'm not worried or complaining about no one to play with as I'm a boxer and play when I can .. if someone wants to join my group great .. if there is no one to play with thats fine also .. but I was referring to the majority of people having empty servers .. I play late at night mostly so servers are usually empty .. but boy 10 to 20 years ago didnt matter what time of day or night you were on there was always someone on .. now not so much ..

I'm sure your gonna contradict me somehow as you usually do .. saying there are people on even late at night .. yes there is .. ;)
  10. KermittheFroglok Augur

Well, I think that's a valid observation that it's worse to wait on many servers compared to others. Which server are you playing on now?
  11. Zamiam Augur

I play on a few different servers.. Bertox is my main server I started on Mith mar>Saryrn>bertox .. I also play on Rathe, FV and Test recently .. Test because its FREE and GOLD status .. I also have toons on Xegony and Cazic although I dont get on those servers too often
  12. Duder Augur

How many alt expansions would a year's subscription to RG buy if you canceled it? You find the money for that right?
  13. Zamiam Augur

maybe I missed it in these 4 pages but not gonna go back through whole thread.. what is RG ? just curious

Oh and I stopped buying my super big gulps twice a day and stopped going to fast food for a few months .. thats how I save up for the expansions :p
  14. Duder Augur

/\/\Q/KA
  15. Zamiam Augur

that doesnt help ..
  16. Duder Augur

Spelling those terms is blocked here. Use your thinking cap, or just... NM (I betcha know what that one is!) =P