Considering making a new Aradune Progess.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wrightsvillain, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Wrightsvillain New Member

They were never on the site to begin with.. Lol.
    Galaras likes this.
  2. Loman Sinidan

And the point of not doing it for the Top Guild is to show that people are going to fight back and not take their crap anymore.
    Dragnet Sleuth likes this.
  3. Loman Sinidan

Yes they were
  4. Wrightsvillain New Member

So what happens when this guy gets upset and just removes another guild, just because he can...?
    Skuz and Machen like this.
  5. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

If that becomes an issue down the road, then I'm sure guild leaders will speak up to the admin of this site about it. That's more of a what-if question.

As for now, it looks like the admin of that site is standing up against a bully and should be applauded.
  6. Machen New Member

Find another way to make the point. It does you no good to deceive yourself. And that's exactly what this is. Two, three, four years down the road people will look back at aradune-progress.com and forget that TEQB beat Phara Dar first and think that Altered Minds won the race. The site becomes worthless if it is not an accurate reflection of reality.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Siah Elder

I think Wrightsvillain is right, I had never seen them on the site up until recently when it was fixed sometime after this post was made. Unless I completely missed it?

Regardless, I think the point he is making is that 2 guilds were removed, 1 was put back in. Because of personal issues with these 2 guilds, what happens when the next issue occurs and another guild is removed, then another. To the point of where the sites existence is just pointless. I don't care either way, everyone knows what guild is the top guild regardless of this website and could care less either way. I look forward to checking back on the drama next time I need to take a bio break!
    Galaras likes this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

If you're gonna do it, do it right. Put everyone on there who has a legit submission whether they are jerks or not. Pretending like bad people don't exist doesn't make bad people not exist.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

What ways would you suggest? There have been numerous posts on the forums that have resulted in no real actions of consequence being taken. There have been, I'm guessing, dozens of petitions and reporting with no real noticeable effect against these people. What else would you have the rest of the server do?

Two, three, four years from now is then. Right now, especially with the coronavirus lockdowns, more people have been playing EQ and on TLPs than in a long time. Is it fair for those people to have to endure the daily antics of a certain group of people ? I know I've seen several friends that have joined the server and noped it right back out to other games when they saw what was going on. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.
  10. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

No, but it does help not give them the validation that many of them seek.
  11. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

Please don't compare a computer game to Hitler, for any reason. These two are not the same.
  12. Captain Video Augur

In before the thread is locked.

IMHO, both sides of this debate need to take one big giant step back. Calling players out is against forum rules. Calling guilds out is against forum rules. Demanding that people name names is against forum rules. If an admin of a server tracking site wants to set up his/her own forum or Discord to facilitate these "discussions", take it there, please. As one of the more casual players who has rolled on Aradune, I wouldn't even be aware of any of this going on if it wasn't for the flamefest in the forum.

One thing I do know from years of playing experience: There is no such thing as "server leadership". Guild leadership does not = server leadership. If devs want to take the temperature of the server on an issue that matters to them, they will contact individual players privately, they've operated like that all along. It used to be that a lot of this backyard feuding got hammered out at Fan Faires, but of course we haven't had one of those in a while.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if, some months down the road, the devs patch in a guild size restriction on TLPs. Unless, of course, both sides figure out how to "play nice" in the meantime.
    Gremin likes this.
  13. Rivalry Apprentice

Yea... I might be able to do something about that, actually.
    Galaras likes this.
  14. Vardeth New Member

LOL- For a guild that spends large amount of time trolling people, you would think they would be better equipped to handle someone trolling them by removing their name from a website, completely unaffiliated with the game itself.
    Loman and Dragnet Sleuth like this.
  15. Ronluwen Elder

Why do you nerds care so much about this?
  16. Glowerss Augur

I think you'll find that the TEB people don't care. Removing them to "strike back" is as childish and ridiculous as you're accusing them to be. Everyone knows TEB is the top guild on the server, they don't need a third party site as validation.

The people who (rightly) care are the people who appreciate these websites as a historical record of the server. Machen for example, (as far as I'm aware) doesn't even play on Aradune but Rizlona.

I still go back and have a squizz over Phinny Progress from time to time. It's fun to reminisce and look at the guild names and friends I had in said guilds.

It would have been a real shame if somebody got buttmad at AoS and OGC or whoever else and dumped them from the site.

Nobody in OGC would have wanted to been #1 on those expansion clears simply because the site admin decided AoS stole his lollypop and took his toys home.
  17. Viceversa Elder

Its funny the misinformation people throw around on these forums, As the guild leader of Altered minds I can tell you we have never been on the progress site until recently. However during classic it was our choice not to be on it. We felt is was a very biased rankings and catered to casual guilds.

At the start of Kunark we did plan to add our records to the site for record reasons, I personally still go back and look at the phinny, agnarr, mangler ect records myself. Its a great tool to use as leadership to gauge how fast you should be able to clear content (even for you casual guilds). its also great to compare server population and how to recruit as a guild for upcoming expansions.

The reason why Altered minds was not "allowed" on the site we had a group of players move into jugs in seb while the site admin was siting outside of jugs and most of the camp was alive. he got upset and told multiple of our officers he would not add us. Why he changed and added us recently I do not know but i'd guess it has to do with this post.

I do not agree with leaving guilds off the site its meant to be run by a unbiased person who runs it purely for records purpose. Someone mentioned removing athletes from records but that is backwards thinking. Athletes get caught cheating, get punished, THEN get removed from records. If EQB was caught cheating and punished by Daybreak as a guild that's a different story.
    ttin, Galaras, jeskola and 1 other person like this.
  18. Vardeth New Member

If you think anyone in this thread crying about them being removed is not in TEB, then you're delusional.
    Dragnet Sleuth likes this.
  19. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, there is no rule-breaking going on? Just because you THINK there is, doesn't mean there actually is. Yourself, or no one else has ever provided evidence of any of your claims lol. TEB as a guild has always followed the rules of the server, especially in OW raids when dealing with others.

Either way, it's a non-issue so I don't even know why this thread exists. Someone is already creating an official aradune progress site as the current one has been deemed incompetent and inaccurate. The new one will have every known guild on the server regardless if they submit or not. The main point of a progress site is ultimately to show the servers health and progression, and the current one fails miserably at both. You can choose to use the accurate one, or the inaccurate one, it's purely up to you. My bet is people will use the accurate one =)
    ttin and Galaras like this.
  20. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

The guild being discussed has been caught displaying the toxic behavior by numerous people in numerous guilds. It's not a server secret.