Wizards in OoW and beyond

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brixog, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Healiez Augur

If you have a decent number of bards and each one isnt assigned a chant to maintain on bosses either your bard class lead doing song assignments or your raid leader is an idiot. Chants are the highest resist debuff in the game.

Just another reason casters have it so hard. People think they are bad so they dont optimize them. They dont give casters bards unless there are extras, they think chants are pointless. Optimize your caster groups and I think you will be surprised. Even during the 70 stretch coordinated casters with a 2.0 bard, and wiz+druid 2.0 running do solid dps.
    Kobra likes this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Interesting, thanks!
  3. Kobra Augur

This x 100.

Good luck getting anyone to listen.

Auto attack goes brrrrrrrrrr
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  4. Ayoheee Augur

If you have a time lapse weap you're getting 750dds and 2.5k crits. With max CE you're at 3 PPM around 3k dmg or 50 DPS. In reality you're getting less since a large majority of the time you're casting.

For this added DPS you have to stand in melee range, which means you have a lower hate threshold for pulling aggro, also lose casting time repositioning as mobs move or knockbacks happen, also can't cast conc pants on GCD. This strategy costs you DPS.

Gear for Mana and hAgi. The more ancients/ethereals you can pump out during FD before having to staunch/harvest = harder burns, and being able to survive rounds when you get summoned long enough to let a tank grab aggro = higher sustained.
  5. Healiez Augur

I have found this to be true in a lot of the old "gimmick" tricks that worked in the past or P99.

Another great example is shamans JBB. Back in the day it was a disgusting solo tool, and even in groups it had its uses. When I mained a shaman on phinni I got a JBB and found that it was actually a dps loss over canni dancing and maintaining dots as long as possible.

Is it fun to cast a nuke then immediately proc your time lapse and crit it? hell yes

Is it practical and the best dps? not by a lot.