Name tag changing colors

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I noticed this morning, that my name tag (the name you see floating over your head) is changing colors, cycling a couple times a minute through a bunch of colors. I've never seen it do that before, and it's persisted through a camp/logout. Never seen it on another player, either.

Any idea what causes this?
  2. Duder Augur

Your character's birthday. Your server doesn't have a general chat? =P
    MageGuy likes this.
  3. Nniki Augur

Character's birthday. Although, I think the timing of it can be slightly off. It was added with the April 17, 2019 game update.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, yeah, close enough :) My char's (and it's my original main, so my) EQ 20th birthday was August 29th. Guess the 31st is close enough ;)
    Duder likes this.
  5. Tevik Augur

Maybe they forgot to factor in leap days?

EDIT: Missed the 20th birthday part. That's not far enough off for it to be leap days.
  6. Celephane Augur

This is the part that amazes me. Do you just solo a lot?
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I refuse to like your post :)
    Duder likes this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It's literally all I do. It's been years since I've known other players in game, and I play for shorter sessions, and inconsistent times from day to day, week to week. It's way too much of a waste of time to spend it looking for a group, instead of just heading out to do something on my own.

Part of it may also be my server. Go to the Guild forum, tell me how many posts you see for Tunare :(

And before you mock me for my playstyle, remember I'm spending cash to keep EQ alive, so be nice ;)
    Aanuvane likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I rarely use General on my server. It's either non-stop, warp-speed nonsense (I just keep the chat tab hidden most of the time), or total crickets. I get much faster (and better) responses here. I usually just use General for questions where I could really use an answer NOW, and hope I get one. Most of the time, I can be patient and get a good answer in the Vet's forum.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I used to see you all the time on Tunare and you used to be vocal but not so much anymore. In fact I thought you quit. The lack of posts in Guild forum is no indication of server health. Its an indication that not many of our guilds need or want new blood and don't feel the need to beg for it.

I log into a couple other servers frequently and seldom see more than a handful of people in POK or the Lobby. But we usually have 2 general chats running on Tunare so that could be how you missed it when others were asking about the color change.

Nothing wrong with your playstyle and I bet there are a lot like you (raises hand) that don't sit around the lobby looking for group or buffs. Instead we go out and do our own thing.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I got pc tags off so ill never see it.

Andarriel
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You sure it's me you're thinking of? I haven't been active in GenChat for well over a decade, and haven't been part of an active guild since 2002. And I've taken so many multi-month breaks from EQ, it'd make your head spin ;)

I did find a small guild I grouped with a lot, about 2 years ago, but they've all moved on now. Grouped with Aura once a little over a year ago, but he had started playing a bit less as well.

Were you on 7th Hammer? If so, you may remember stuff from the early days, but, man, that was a long time ago!! Though, it is interesting what you remember from the early days of EQ, when the whole genre was new, and just mind-blowing!
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You need to be more positive.

Milk and meat in your diet is gooood.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Happy Birthday Tatanka

[IMG]