Summoned throwing items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tevik, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Tevik Augur

When the next expansion releases at the end of this year, it will be the 9 year birthday of the Mysterious Belt of Daggers. To my knowledge, there still is not a better summoned throwing item clicky available in game than this one. We are 20 levels beyond the content it was designed for, and swinging weapons with roughly 2.5 times the raw damage of the weapons of that era. I have searched these forums looking for some given design decision not to give an upgraded throwing option after all this time, but I have found nothing.

So, what gives? Was there some internal decision to make throwing even less viable as a dps choice as it was at the time? Is there some super secret item that has since been introduced that I'm just unaware of? Was it just overlooked? I'm hoping that last one is the case. If so, I think it's time we got a replacement. For reference, the belt came only two years after the item it replaced, the Many-Pocketed Pouch from Underfoot, and it seems like before that these items were regularly upgraded every two to three years.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

If they do create a new item that summons throwing items, it would be great if, unlike the Mysterious Belt of Daggers, the items it summons are not Temporary.
  3. Tevik Augur

Alas, I am not the proper class for that. Even still, that item is over 6 years old now.