Shadow of the Bloodguard Illusion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Tutankamen Augur

Well as an 85 BP clicky that might fit into the 'new' category regardless- and as anyone who does happen to be wearing the BP might click it at any time it seems like it wouldn't make a huge impact right? =). it's one of the hands down coolest illusions in the game regardless... both the male and female iteration.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I actually use old world models minus halfling so i can see my hero forge ornamentation. someone or i read somewhere u didnt need new models on to see but i couldnt and someone that was in fron of me could and it bothered me so i enabled new models on it. the thing that always bothered me with new models is they look like there out of shape and always breathing heavy :(

Andarriel
    Benito likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thank you! I guess illusions also eat memory but he may have been referring specifically to old models.

I wouldn't mind the removal of 18 second illusions if it helps the global load file.
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. Sobmre Augur

think it was a pet that lasted like 3 secs or some dumb thing like that. never wasted my time on it
  5. Tutankamen Augur

The pally BP was a summoned pet not an illusion like the SK BP- but regardless that same Ghostly Froglok illusion that was on the BP is available to players. You can turn yourself into one of those. It used to be available on the market.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

There is.

BUT if it's already an illusion, making it more available has MUCH less impact (it has some because players are then more likely to encounter it and thus have it loaded into memory and possibly crash their client from lack of memory)

That said. I'm not sure we should take a class specific illusion and make it more public. Sure, this is rare, and not many people have it, but that is also part of the point. It's rare.

OLD models are the "worst" on memory, though they also tend to be small. They do have to go into "global" load vs "on demand" load. Global load is always "in memory" even if the model is not in the same zone you are in. Old models (ones that have chr in their model file name. There are some exceptions) usually have to go into global load. Newer models go into on demand where they only load into memmory if they are in the same zone as you.
    Benito likes this.
  7. Zamiam Augur

If it was a regular illusion and lasted for an hour I could understand keeping it Rare and only for that specific class, However its rare and the effect (illusion) only lasts for a few seconds ..

I see 3 options ..

1. make it an avail illusion for everyone :p either by some type of progression, heritage crate or expansion release .

2. Keep it rare for the SK's only , but make it a clicky illusion from their BP that lasts like a regular illusion would .. so over an hour .. or perma if they have the AA ..

3. keep it the way it is :( very sad if you do this..

option 1 is a good way for DPG to make some cash :p
    Celephane likes this.
  8. Tutankamen Augur

Thanks for responding! I just think- as a player of a 115 SK myself, that I would be much happier to have it in game rather than keep it isolated to SKs at level 85 during the very few seconds you get to see if it , when you actually click it. It's a very short lived effect, so even SKs never really got to enjoy the illusion while using it. As one of the coolest illusions in the game- it just feels like a waste to never get to wear it around. It's one of the few I'd actually really like wearing all the time.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Well, the "short" is because of the buff.
    A buff-less version could be made more available, (Or a new buff that goes with some meta achievement completion) But I won't "extend" the current.
    Unfortunately this is one of a million things to try and remember. I won't be making this available anytime in the near future.
    And maybe not ever. One SK's opinion is not enough :)
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

How about a rogue's opinion? We can never have too many illusions on our keyring! :p
  11. Celephane Augur

Two, I chimed in as well
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Seems pretty silly of you. It was and may still be our best DPS BP click for burns. I still pop ostentatious BP for burns. Definitely the best dps when not tanking.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

One point of order, the sk bp click isn't "rare". Every SK over 85 or whatever can get it if they put 15 minutes of effort in =P
  14. Monkman Augur

^^ do 1 or 2 cotf missions and you can buy it off the vendor. Definitely not rare on live. I’m not personally a big fan of the illusion, I’d still like to see the original skeleton model (found in classic zones) reintroduced as a player illusion. Toss that version on the Amulet of Necropotence and call it a day.
  15. Celephane Augur

Wrong breastplate for the illusion. Its from Rhodium Shadowguard Breastplate in Convorteum.
  16. Celephane Augur

Damascite Deathwatch Breastplate also has this illusion, just bought one to check
  17. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Maybe we can get rid of a few of the 23423423423 skelly illusions..
  18. Sobmre Augur

it had stacking issues last time i tried it......that was long ago tho hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I had the name wrong, its the rhodium one, but it is a swarm pet so not sure what stacking issues it could have.

I honestly can't remember if the rhodium or the ostentatious is more dps, would need to look at it again.