VP key the current cancer of Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Yaboi, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Lejaun Augur

Find a single guild? How about you just look at all the choke points for the key and get your information there. If it wasn't worth it, they wouldn't be trying to get there. There isn't a single guild, there are a dozen guilds.

The gear isn't good, it gets replaced in Velious. Yeah, welcome to the majority of expansions. Much of the gear that was wanted in Classic was replaced by Kunark gear. Much of the Kunark gear will get replaced by Velious gear, and so on.

People want to experience and loot gear from VP while it is still relevant and exciting. If they didn't, there wouldn't be hundreds of people trying to get keys or already having keys.
    Thalliius and Skuz like this.
  2. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I disagree. It isn't until well after Omens that you really start cycling out a previous expansion's gear. It isn't the logistics of VP keying in and of itself that doesn't scale, it's how it's parameterized around DBG's lenience over DPS races and petition wars.

Automated gameplay wasn't near as prevalent in-era as it is today, and people weren't unleashing flurries of fraudulent petitions from their boxes to get folks suspended for no reason. There is only so much capacity a group of people can have to bottleneck content for other guilds, that barrier is virtually gone when you're having your computer doing it.

I think it would be perfectly reasonable for Trak tooth to be the only component of the VP key.
    Aneuren likes this.
  3. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I really don't understand how it's perfectly fine to walk right up to Nagafen or Vox but for VP, people need to be at each other's throats.

Sky should be the example. If you can beat the content, you can progress. Pump out more keys per Trak kill and be done with this constant cycle of harassment that serves absolutely no purpose on these servers.
    Thalliius and Xyphen like this.
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It's not the same. Like yeah sure those https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=12424 get replaced by EP and Time legs. But the difference is if you don't have some form of raid gear in PoP you aren't tanking many of the bosses, you're a hindrance to any XP group and your significantly weaker solo. On the other hand in Velious you can just straight up tank AoW in fine plate if you really need too. It's not so much that the stuff gets replaced quickly, it's that it just doesn't affect gameplay in any meaningful way while you have it.
  5. Sikkun Augur

Guilds saying VP isn’t worth it that have Clerics who have literally raged and threatened to quit if Shroud of Veeshan is not reserved for healers, because of a focus effect 6 months away from activation.

You guys are so cute on your “it’s not worth it” facade. You didn’t do it because your bored...you did it because it’s the end zone with loot you want and you farm everything.....like every other guild.

I notice you all rushed to VP, not sat around in said fine plate you can walk into Velious raids and complete. Your next line of post will be “pre sleeper gear sucks, that’s why we rushed to wake it. We did you a favor, so just thank us. BTW we have some stuff for sale on RMT sites, please go check it out. Thanks!”
    Thalliius, Skuz, ttin and 2 others like this.
  6. Lejaun Augur

I don't agree with that. Kunark gives all melee better weapon upgrades, either in epics or drops or both. Back slot is upgraded for everyone. And on and on and on. There is a massive amount of upgrading that can be done in Kunark.

Velious brings out class quest armor that is an upgrade for everyone and full upgrades for casters as well.

And on and on. No one is sitting around in their crafted armor as warriors or wielding their Serpent's Tooth as rogues or whatever unless they aren't putting any effort into upgrading in Kunark. Same goes but for different gear in Velious.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Crackers Elder

My only thought here is the "power" guilds, (which I use that term loosely since most of you have 200+ members and couldn't survive through the end of Kunark with a 72 man roster) would have impressed me if they were done camping keys by now. Clearly however after two weeks its still necessary to be c-blocking the server with level 50 SKs.

Most of the guilds who actually know wtf they're doing and don't just zerg everything don't care. We've been there, done that. However you could do the server a favor and let the people who have never gotten to experience that content get their keys. Might help the server population stay healthy, and as a result make your krono farming experience last just a tad bit longer than it normally does. Because lets face it, most of you "power" guilds will die off by end of PoP. You guys never have staying power.
  8. Xyphen Maximum Augur

What you claim to disagree with and what you said contradict each other. You disagree that gear has multi-expansion staying power until Omens, but then you make an argument for how good gear is pre-Omens?
  9. Piznut Angry Gnome

^This

Every time i've checked any VP key camp, whether it's 8am, 1pm, 6pm, 12pm or 3am, it's got level 50 SK's from one guild who has made it obvious that their only intent is to basically block anyone else from getting into VP. At this point it should be considered griefing when one guild purposefully blocks the rest of the server from content.

The only option is to roll 2 SK's, level them both to 60, then maybe you'll have a chance to compete...but it's just unrealistically stupid for any other class to even try.

And yes, these "power guilds" die off by POP, usually after their leaders cash out on all the krono their guild made them, and bail until the next TLP.
  10. Lejaun Augur

No I didn't. Not even close. I said each expansion had plenty of upgrades, and it happens immediately once Classic changes to Kunark, again when Kunark changes to Velious and so on. It doesn't start in OoW.

How you came to concluding your statement about what I thought, I have no idea.
  11. Siah Elder

Considering one of these guilds gave away over 100 krono before kunark launch, doubtful the leaders are being greedy and keeping it all to cash out.. but keep spewing nonsense you know nothing about.
  12. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Where did you get the idea that what you call "power guilds" die off by POP? Historically, these "power guilds" are the longest lasting guilds on the TLP's. It sounds to me like you are talking about what happened to RI, which is the only one example.

There is no guild on the server that I'm aware of that has 200+ members, so you're already starting your thought out with an extreme exaggeration.

No one zergs instance raids except for some instance only guilds. Lets look at each of the guilds first trakanon kills. There are 16 guilds who have killed it so far. Of those 16, only 3 guilds split it. Of those 3 guilds that split it, only one guild 3 split it, which was TEB on day 3 of launch. Each TEB split had a significantly lower number of char's in the raid than what any of the 15 other guilds went in with. So if we are zerging raid content, then is everyone else ultra-zerging? I don't get it. The facts and numbers don't lie my friend. Maybe it's YOU who don't know what they are doing. If some instance only guilds want to go in to an instance raid with 72 mains, more power to em. Some guilds just like to all play together in 1 raid, and that is their prerogative. But when those guilds start to point fingers and saying others are zerging, when they are literally raiding the content with higher numbers in their raid than the people they say are zerging, it blows my mind.
  13. Healiez Augur

While this is somewhat true, you have to look at it from a tlp perspective. You arent replacing every piece of gear each time a new expansion rolls around, not in 12 weeks. PoP is the only time its remotely possible because ldon adds time to potime stille being top dog.

You have to pick your upgrades carefully on a tlp, on one tlp I was still using a vulak neck until I replaced it in GoD.

Although I agree vp is the least impactful, certain items can last a long time.

On selo even deep splitting time every 3 days and 90% raid attendance I was missing items.
  14. Lejaun Augur

Missing items because there isn't enough time, yes. That is going to happen. Not having any possibly upgrades, however, is what I'm arguing against. VP (and other Kunark content and beyond), whether a small upgrade or not, is still an upgrade and makes a character that much better. Little upgrades here and there as your DKP and guild raiding schedule allows are what makes characters more powerful, especially as players sit at Max level for a few expansions.
  15. Jaime Lannister Augur

The ? Yes you are replacing every piece of gear each xpac.
    Maybe not absolute BiS, but you are absolutely replacing each slot easily each xpac if ur guild is doing open world + AoC, unless you get chit luck on drops.

Tho not every xpac provides an upgrade for every item.
    Lejaun likes this.
  16. Piznut Angry Gnome

I know I've seen it happen before first hand, on previous servers. My post was based on previous servers. So keep spewing nonsense you know nothing about. The only way guilds like that survive is when all the toxic people jump ship to a new TLP. Same thing happened on Coirnav. TFC is the top guild there now, but that's because all the turds left, or were kicked.
  17. kathulu21 New Member

I would gladly pay 60 bucks for all keyed content to be unlocked every expansion. I have time to raid occasionally, i dont have time to camp needed spawns.
  18. Ronluwen Elder

Each piece of raid gear in Kunark isn't a significant upgrade, it's just a lot more gear on a regular basis, with specific items being very strong that should last though multiple expansions. Any guild not trying to get into VP is crazy, it's like 1/4 of the gear available in the game.

I'm not personally pining for anything from VP, to me Kunark is mostly about quests and a lot of the significant upgrades I'll be getting are quests. But the amount of raid gear available makes VP a must with a regular 72 man roster or more.
  19. Ronluwen Elder

Buy Krono's and pay someone with time to camp your key pieces.
  20. bardybard Augur

Having done VP on two previous TLPs (Phinny and Agnarr), I categorically believe that VP is just not worth the effort at all. Most of the loot in VP is mediocre at best and since focus effects got disabled a while ago it makes that loot even worse.
    Problem is Kunark has very little to do in terms of raiding, so a lot of people naturally gravitate towards VP. In my experience, Kunark is when the majority of attrition happens for a lot of guilds and the VP key grind significantly contributes to that.