The Second Wind FV

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Celeup, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Celeup New Member

I'm not sure if anyone has heard of this guild on FV. About a month ago I went into Velks to do the Merc quest. Going to start with spiders. Setup by the door, good spot/bad spot who knows, an after the first pull got a short message from a toon in "The Second Wind" telling me the camp was taken. I apologized and went to another area to camp spiders. Went back two weeks ago to do Hunter quest. Same grp were in the same spot at the restless tarantula spawn location. Sent them a message trying to see how much longer they were going to camp the spot. After sending messages to EVERY member of the group it occurred to me they were all bots and all "The Second Wind." In the last 2 weeks I have went back multiple times per day and they are always there and always afk camping.

Now we all know the rules but to be honest I'm not a prude. I could care less how you play your toons, you paid for them right? I'm not a game god and have no reason to mind anyone's business. BUT come on! This is the ONLY camp for that particular named mob. It is needed for progression. I'm actually back trying to get the hunters achievement for my alt so I know it is the only camp on FV, well who knows after the next patch.

If you are going to flaunt the rules at least have enough common sense to not do it in the open on a named camp. I run across groups all the time afk camping but they are NOT halting server progression. Velks is one of those zone. You need x amount of toons in order to spin a new instance and certain times of the day and week your simply not going to reach that threshold.
    menown and Duder like this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

IBTL
    Fenthen and Andarriel like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You gotta petition this kinda stuff.

Posting this on the forum will just get the post locked & archived out of sight as it breaks the forum rules so you achieve nothing posting this here except wasting your own time.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Schadenfreude Augur

Asian guild with a rep for, eh, assisted gameplay. Bottom of the ramp down from the quest NPC seems to be a popular spot for scripting, all you can do is report and hope for the best.
  5. Nadisia Augur

Send tells to every group member, or at least to those who seem somewhat «active» (puller, tank), send an /ooc or 2, and if you don't get any intelligible and human answer and dialogue, just pull, that's all.

Don't train them, just grab the named.

I have a funny story on something similar (other server) : I was doing the RoS scaled key quest (VP access) for some alts, and was only missing the right shard of the Medallion of the Arisen from the Ancient Apparition in Sathir's Tomb.
    Went to ST, in the last room, and a group was killing stuff.
    Sent one tell, 2 tells, 3 tells, etc some /ooc and *crickets*, exactly the same behaviour.

So I camped my group on the other side of the room, pulled a couple of PHs, got the fake named, and looted my piece of medallion.

7 hours later ... I received a tell from one of the group members : «You can take what you want»
    Haha.
    «Sorry, but you're a little bit late hehe. My tell was 7 hours ago, the named is long dead.»
    Next time, do not bot so obviously.
  6. Celeup New Member

I did petition. I'm just posting everywhere to be honest. Once again, I really don't care how he plays just don't do stupid stuff to swamp everyone on the server.
  7. Celeup New Member

Well to be honest he has been there for so long the entire first floor is cleaned out. The group stood there and ks'd some of his mobs but it is dicey at best. I'm not going to stand around for hours over the named spawn while this idiot stores xp and aa's.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea there annoying im in scorched woods and they got a group of chars you know with bard in group and all there chars are clumped together and they run stealing mobs and not even caring its pretty sad also the guild les frogs is real bad like that too. One time they hailed me and all chars hailed at same time.

Andarriel
  9. Ranthyl New Member

Glad you brought this up because this also a favorite afk botting spot for people in valhallah it seems. Everytime we go to velks labyrinth for our hunter achievements, there would be 10 headpaigne's (maybe it was Paigne) boxes afk camping that spot and we never got a reply until one time my friend got one like 2 days later :D . Another difficult spot we had headache was in the coldain caves that is se of great divide and its always by a group of mgsk plus his mgxx afk bots...also from valhalla. We log on when everyone else are asleep (oceanic time) and there isnt option for another instance. So after no reply we usually just go somewhere else. We play very few hours each week and still have not finished achievements...:(
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea amazes me how many people afk and thats against the rules but doesnt seem like many people ever get busted for it. i was in that zone for hunters then i used woods to level up my chars during double xp and even before double was always the same people in zone afk killing kinda sad really people have to do that kind of stuff imo.

Andarriel
  11. Zamiam Augur

I dont do this .. and I dont approve of the peeps who do , however EQ makes it this way by making XP suck in every other zone accept for the current expansion . then EQ (the Devs) force players to play in the new expansion making it a bottlenek or so busy the servers lag and crash .. there are other reasons.

If xp was plentiful everywhere like say more xp bonus weekends would be nice .. I know alot of you are like xp is easy well when you box and dont do current expansion its kinda difficult also I have a ton of alts so im not focusing on any one toon all the time .. if i was focusing on one toon 100% of my time then sure i would be max aa and max lvl by now .. but I dont ..

Its one of the things thats kept me coming back year after year is the many alts i have and the different play styles of each or what box team works good together etc.

I was playin in ToV Rygor mines yesterday first time I've been there and my lvl 112 ranger was getting .08% of a % /kill .. that is ridiculous . granted once we finished Rygor merc tasks got like 10% for finishing all 3 tasks , however I think I finished with a total of like 15% for like 4 hours of time .. our group wiped a few times the last wipe was on the last spider we killed it but its friends finished us off but we got the update :p

I wish they had more xp weekends :p
    Andarriel likes this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

nah xp isnt easy well it is til 109 then it just like stops lol. Most of my xp is made through overseer sadly but its easy and decent xp. I dont play many boxes i mainly just play my ranger account my other three are for my traders with my wiz as my main. during double xp i got my 2nd ranger (for forage and tracking) to 106. my rog to 110 sure do love sos2. my shm to 108 wanna get to 111 for buffs and my new mage to 110 tank for when i do zones my ranger cant tank very well. i do agree xp is slow just dont approve of afk xp killing.

Andarriel

ps yea was lame they cut the double xp short i had my alts all ready for it.
  13. dwish Augur

AFK bot crews are literally all over FV (and probably every server for that matter). I'm surprised this is the first time you have ran into one. It's a part of the game now, you just have to deal with it. Most of the time they do setup in out of the way places to not draw attention, but I have seen them park right in the middle of quest NPCs and such many times as well.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

I just want them to bring back free heroics for subs.
  15. Xyla Journeyman

Funny. I checked a camp yesterday I needed a named for and over a 15 hour period that guild group was there the entire time and hadn't moved.
  16. Laronk Augur

17. Fenthen aka Rath

18. Celephane Augur

spend your downtime learning the language, this is similar to except, and not really even close
  19. Zamiam Augur

spend your time not being the hall monitor .. I never said I was an English major or minor .. I know I'm bad at spelling and grammar .. I'm old and don't give a rats a z z what others think

Ever here of "if you cant say anything nice don't say anything at all" words to live by my friend ..
  20. sojero One hit wonder

Nope, but I've heard of it.
    Celephane and Nniki like this.