Vaniki hunter?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Andarriel, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

How is this even a hunter its got like a 120 hour spawn and perm camped on fv just like to know from someone who put this on hunter? it seems beyond rare hardest hunter in game by far and I mean far.

Andarriel
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

This one kind of annoys me, too.
    Many years ago I killed regular Vaniki and a couple years after that I caught fabled Vaniki up but of course those kills aren't retroactively applied to Hunter. If only for the sake of a checkmark I don't look forward to having to get him a 3rd time.
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Mookus Augur

They should run a script to give me the vaniki hunter as I have a willsapper on my toon.
    Nennius and Andarriel like this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

I didn't like that 3 of the named for planeslayer are from the Bertox raid.
  5. Sindace Elder

From a previous hunter thread-

(Ngreth) our criteria was:
    Has a placeholder (so not only an iconic NPC that spawns 100% of the time)
    Has items with "Significant" and the item is semi-unique, NOT only quest items,
    Is somewhat rare.

From Prathun (2009)
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?start=150&topic_id=143508:

"I've always been curious about the elusive Vaniki, myself.

There are five spawns that can appear as Vaniki. The respawn time is 122 hours. Each spawn point has a 10% chance to spawn as Vaniki. Vaniki is unique, so there can only ever be one of them up at any given time. If the spawn is not Vaniki, it will appear as an unkillable invisible man placeholder. In either case, Vaniki or placeholder, the NPC will despawn 122 hours later.

This implementation makes the Vaniki NPC rare and essentially uncampable."

Seems like Vaniki doesn't fit the criteria laid out above for hunters. Has a ~50% chance to spawn every 5 days with no PH. That's not reasonable. I've killed Zlandicar quite a few times now, no rat to be found. Should really look into removing this one.
    Funky and Andarriel like this.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Man, I wish.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

I too wish they would but I can see one problem with that. I wont say what.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yup i totally agree if people on tlp start complaining about it im sure it will changed as in indented on hunter achievement. I pretty much gave up on it especially since the weapon it drops is tradeable on fv. ive killed zlan like 5 times yay me i guess not lol.

Andarriel
  9. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I spent two weeks camping this crap mob. It really does need to come off hunter list.
  10. Sindace Elder

Would be great if it was indented. Closing on double digits Zlandicar kills. Been eyeing Vaniki for months, just haven't seen him. Killed 2-3x in previous years, but pre-hunter era, so hosed like everyone else. No need for a Willsapper, just want to leave the rat city.
    Andarriel likes this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i feel ya i hate that zone took me a long time to spawn that queen spider.

Andarriel
  12. Khat_Nip Meow

Funny, 14 days after I made my initial post up-thread I was sitting around and out of the blue I thought, "I wonder if Vaniki is up?" so I headed to DN and sure enough in the large main room was Vaniki just standing there.
    Thankfully since getting the checkmark for that I see absolutely no reason now to try and catch him a 4th time.
  13. Zynt Augur

I camped this dude way, way back because Willsapper was an integral part of Necro tap-tanking named. Even wrote up a guide for it on Caster's Realm. There's no way I'd ever do it again.
  14. paragon520 New Member

lol definitely not the hardest spawn in game, not even close. [IMG]
  15. Sindace Elder

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there's very few nameds in game that have a less than a 50% chance to spawn every 5 days. Even a .1% chance named would spawn more regularly than Vaniki
  16. paragon520 New Member

some vanilla hunters are much harder. so, you're wrong as is OP
  17. Sindace Elder

things you consider to be much harder, might not be to me or to anyone else. lot of mobs up after patches.
  18. paragon520 New Member

not when they path and get killed by npcs immediately? lmao.. just stop
  19. Sindace Elder

ffs paragon, none of this is helpful at all bud. but would be nice for them to spawn in the first place, which vaniki does ~4-5 times a month.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Your a idiot show me one thats rarer?

Andarriel