Hunter of ToFS Question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Runcible, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Runcible Journeyman

Ive looked online, but haven't been able to find an answer so I thought I would try here. I'm working on my Hunter of ToFS achievement and I'm currently hunting down Malvus Darque. Its my understanding that the ph is a rare shrouded bat as opposed to a normal shrouded bat. With that said, Ive been killing regular bats on floor 6b, but haven't seen a rare one yet. Does anyone know if 6b is the correct place to kill these bats to ultimately get Malvus to spawn? There are also bats on floor 7, so just wasn't sure if Malvus would spawn anywhere bats do or only on a specific floor. Thanks in advance for your input.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

That's where he spawns. The bat will be a red con vs. the regular ones. Malvus spawns as soon as you kill the red con, so be ready. I imagine he can spawn from the 7th floor bats as well.
  3. Razorfall Augur

It's the bats on 6b. We did the ones right where you port in and got it there
  4. PhinigelKronoFarmer Journeyman

I got my kill from floor 6b, I killed the bats in the port in room. The bat immediately to your left when you click up was the PH that ultimately spawned the Red Con Bat and then Malvus. It took about 4 hours of clearing PHs for me.
  5. Runcible Journeyman

Thanks much for the confirmation. Was about to give up for the night and the last bat I was going to kill was the right one. Probably took me about 4 hours of clearing also. Was a pretty tough fight as I lost a tank and a pet tank towards the end but was able to battle rez and save it. I've now killed the 3 named on the 6th floor, 1 on the 2nd and 1 on the 7th. Think I'll give the first floor a go tomorrow as I think 2 spawn there. Thanks again everyone and take care.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Good luck. First floor is unpleasant. More irritating than hard though.
  7. Runcible Journeyman

At least the first floor makes wipe recoveries easier
  8. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

the trick is not to pull on top of your campfire being the spawned name / vampire mobs won't move from there being thats there spawn point