Tier 1 /vs/ Tier 2 ToV Raid gear Stats

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Izzard of Bertox, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Izzard of Bertox Augur

In some cases, why does the Tier 1 Armor have higher heroic stats than the Tier 2?

Why does some of the TBL jewelry have higher AC than ToV?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

For the first question, I believe the heroics are taken as a whole on the entire set. So getting the entire set of Tier 2 will be a heroic upgrade. Or, you can mix&match for an even higher heroic

For the jewelry, they standardized the ACs on some of the jewelry in ToV so there isn't a "high AC" option now, which means the TBL "high AC" option has more AC.
  3. Izzard of Bertox Augur

I just noticed that even the TBL Chase-Evolving gear is a downgrade in some respects to the new ToV items. Is the inconsistency intended?
  4. Duder Augur

The non-standardization of stat distribution is an intended design as to promote choice and general non-cookie-cutter equipping of characters. Giving players the immersion value of choice in regards to how they equip their characters.
  5. Monkman Augur

How exactly are the chase items a downgrade?
  6. Filter Augur

Not comparing raid sets so apologize for not staying on point. I did the comparison on the group gear from T2 Group to T3 Group (TS stuff) and the heroics were the same. Each slot might be different but if you had a full set of each the amount was the same on each for a total. I think I reviewed this for the zerker class so I stayed with T2.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Other than luck, they aren't.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Izzard of Bertox Augur

I said in some respects. I understand that overall they are not a downgrade - but some stats
    [IMG]

Sorry, I cant seem to insert an image.
  9. Szilent Augur

uh, are you completely glossing over that they have wildly different aug-ability? 3*type18/19s vs 1*type8

Completely aside from the actual functional effects the 18s bring that type7s plain don't
    Allayna, svann and Duder like this.
  10. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Very good point Sir.
  11. Zolav Augur

It all works out in the wash, I mean at that level with new type 5's etc. etc. stats are so inflated, a few less stats here a few more stats there will not make a diff.

As far as the evolvers go.. Hell with the effects the 18 and 19s have,, I am gonna have a hard time repping them next exp. I mean 4 accuracy augs! Proc augs.. tons of extra hero Dex.. hell ya!
  12. Allayna Augur

My only issue with the current raid gear design is that the best gear drops in all tiers. The nugget or tradeskill gear is best in slot and *potentially* you can have have a player/raid force who has never beaten a single Tier 2 or Tier 3 event, but have players in BiS gear.

There have been some terrible design flaws with regard to gear paths in the past (RoS BiS requiring EoK raid drops). I don't have an easy answer for gear...

I know in MS, just about anything *T1* or raid dropped visibles, non-visibles, or weapons go exclusively to alts. The only exception are a few tanks who gear twice in an expansion. Nugget gear is the end all be all and with the increase to two nuggets per chest and coin at 30 per event, most people have more than 1 toon fully geared in the current raid gear.

Several predict an Underfoot scenario where the previous expansion was so ridiculously easy, followed by a face breaker.

I personally thoroughly enjoyed evolving items from TBL and also the one in ToV. What I wish, is that those type of high effort items last 2-3 expansions and each expansion rotates those slots. As in, the next expansion could have an evolving belt that let's you customize the procs on it (maybe a pre-nerf slow/cripple aug 18/19 slot lol), a neck item and a face.
    Duder likes this.
  13. Sabrefist- Journeyman

Gearing is a snoooze fest.

Highly disagree with there being slightly more HStats on one piece vs. another so you can customize your class.

Choosing 1 HDex or 100 HP is boring and mostly inconsequential. If we could actually spec via gear, a la WoW specs, I'd be impressed. As it stands, it's stupid and unexciting.