Invis and ITU?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I know I've read of people having both up at the same time. Last night tried it with my SK. He cast ITU, and then my druid cast group Invis (Camo), but it overwrote the ITU. So, what's the secret to having both up at the same time?
  2. Zynt Augur

I believe that you have to cast Invis first then ITU. It's been a awhile but, and I may be wrong, I used to cast Invis on my mage then IVU him with my Nec then just use the mage t run whereever and CoH the Nec.
  3. Cadira Augur

I've never known exact mechanics but like zynt said I seem to have the best luck with invis first and then itu. Also been lead to believe it might be certain invis from certain classes just won't work together but that might be false.

As a cleric my strat has always been to cast the 8s base cast time old group itu, and call for reg invis while the long casts is going on and works like a charm with all reg invis I've encountered.
    Dibab likes this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Guess I'll have to do as Cadira suggests, since I can't cast Invis first, because it would drop when the SK casts ITU on himself.
  5. Zamiam Augur

just create a box bard .. not sure what lvl it is but they get an AA that casts both Invis and ITU on ya
    Dibab and code-zero like this.
  6. Nadisia Augur

This is where it fails.
    As Zynt said, if you want to stack Invis/IVU on every group member, you'll need to cast invis 1st and cast IVU while the invis is channeled.

But with the druid camo, you can't because camo is instant cast.
    So the only way, as Cadira said, is to use a group invis spell with some casting time.

And don't forget, always in that order : invis 1st, then IVU after.
    Invis should land 1st, then IVU, because the opposite doesn't work, invis will break IVU if IVU lands 1st.

And as a side note, for Invis/IVU easy mode : a bard, with Shauri's Sonorous Clouding Rk3, it's Invis/IVU/Levit, all in one (but 3 separate buffs), instant cast. (but the buffs are not permanent, something like 18 minutes duration) ;)
    It's level 110 for the Rk3, it's a RoS AA.
    Zamiam likes this.
  7. RPoo Augur

Me (ench) and hubby (sk) go 1 - 2 - 3 go. and I click mine and he clicks his almost simultaneously. Alternatively, he says ready - set - go. and we cast =P
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Nadisia Augur

/oot

... and now chain pull, dammit ;)

awesome soundtrack for chain pulling :cool:
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Tips_and_Guides#Double_invisibility

Not mentioned there is that you can try casting them both with instant AAs at the same time but that is chancy. The best way is to have someone with a spell with a cast time begin casting IVU on the group and while it is casting have someone with instant regular invisibility activate that.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks all, I think I should be able to handle it now.

And to RPoo, you remind me of the Lethal Weapon movies: "so go on 3, or 3 and then go?" ;)
    RPoo likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As long as the IVU has a cast time druid/ranger camo does work.

Start casting IVU, instant click camo, IVU lands after.

Been doing this with wizzy and ranger for years.
  12. Tallie Elder

I do the same thing with my cleric ranger. Cast Group Perfected ITU and then hit camo on my ranger.
  13. Nadisia Augur

If you're using a broadcasting software (ISB or something similar), yes.
    But if you try by alt-tabbing, with AAs, good luck hehe.
    The timing is really short, and it's always easier, or at least less frustrating by using regular spells with long casting time, at least one.
  14. Syylke_EMarr Augur

The most common thing I see is that everyone except 1 of the invis casters will get both, while that invis caster will only get the one they did not cast.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

I just hit sneak then hide...
    Zynt likes this.
  16. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

Hi2u #getabard
  17. svann Augur

Just get a bard.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Runcible Journeyman

On my box team, I have 2 mages so I cast group inv with one mage then when that timer resets hit group ivu with the same mage. Everyone in the group is then inv and ivu except the casting mage. I've never had to do any special timing. I then go where I need to go and CoH the casting mage.
    Tatanka likes this.
  19. Nolrog Augur

You have to have an instant one and the other with a cast time.

Start casting ITU. While it is casting, click the instant regular invis. The check happens when the cast starts, so there is no invis when ITU starts casting and since ITU has a cast time, the instant invis hits before the ITU finishes. And you get both.
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I know the movies are comedies, so I will cut them slack, but the proper way is, "3, 2, 1, GO!" :cool: