Still can only create threads not reply

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Thomasofold, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Thomasofold Elder

Im using chrome. I tried firefox it still doesnt work. I cant not use internet explorer on this computer. Its slow beyond being able to use.

I could try that opera one, but its worse the EI if I remember correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

Dont know what to say. I have done everything I could think of. I even had my ISP reset my internet from their end (thats what fixed my launch pad error on sunday) I know the whole internet was down, but its odd thats what fixed it so I can play.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Check that the thread isn't closed. Not a bug, forums arent game bugs, and people can reply so its not a forum issue.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

When you say you can't reply, exactly what do you mean?

Do you not have a "post reply" button?
    Do you press it and nothing happens?
    Do you not have the text box so you can type a reply?

Maybe a screenshot of what you're seeing would help.
  4. Nniki Augur

While this section is technically for game bugs, he could very well have a forums permissions issue. I've had to have something fixed almost every year since 2015. Mepps, Roshen, Roxxlyy, and Dreamweaver have all made corrections to my forum permissions. I've had people contact the community manager on my behalf when I haven't been able to myself due to not being able to send PMs. I've also directed multiple others to contact the community manager to have their permissions fixed.

I've had all of the following at one point or another:
    • Could only create PMs and like posts (could not create threads or posts)
    • Read-only access to entire forum (could only view and like posts)
    • Read-only access to TLP forums
    • Needed beta forum access corrected for ToV, TBL, and RoS (maybe others, I can't recall)
    The one time it took me quite some time to get it worked out as only Mepps and RadarX handled that stuff and RadarX had just left the company. Customer Service isn't able to help with forum permission issues nor will they contact a forum admin on your behalf. I ended up having to use Twitter at the time to make contact.

Every beta for the past few years, I've needed to be given access to the forum manually despite having pre-ordered. Suggestions included logging out of the forum and back in, clearing browser cache, and logging into beta. None of those ever worked. The one time Roxxlyy stated they had issues with their flagging script. This last year dreamweaver said it showed that I was flagged but had to unflag and reflag me to fix it.

These forums can be screwy.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'll point Dreamweaver to this, but if you can PM them, that's the best course.
  6. dreamweaver Community Manager

I am here! I will take a look. Which portion of the forums have you tried posting in?
  7. Duder Augur