Labor Day XP event?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TarewMarrForever, Aug 30, 2020.

1. TarewMarrForever Augur

Recently returned. Good to be back.

Does anybody off-hand recall whether DPG (I guess that's the term now) usually has an XP event over the 3 day Labor Day weekend?

I haven't noticed an announcement...hopefully will be one soon since it's only a week away!!!
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

WB!
    Yes they do. Usually.

Bonus exp and they might throw in a last minute goodie, like a small small discount in the store

No announcement yet but that is par for the course. In the past this kind of stuff goes out at Noon California time on the Friday before the weekend.

But they have yet to give us our "Summer Appreciation" bonus as they have in years past. It was this late one other time.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Droctrebor Journeyman

I have also returned after about 5 years away and was also hoping for a Labor Day experience event. CatsPaws, what is the summer appreciation bonus you mentioned ?
  4. Herf Augur

I went back in the forums to look at 2019's Fall bonus situation. What they did last year was start in early to mid September with double faction and more rares. That was followed by discount in DB store. Finally, around October, the XP bonus figured in.

I hope they give us an earlier XP bonus. I could due with lvling some alts while homebound.
  5. Droctrebor Journeyman

Thank you for the response Herf ! An earlier bonus would be great !
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The Summer and or Autumn Appreciation was:

Log in between Sept 28-Oct 12, 2016 (Autumn appreciation bonus) and Gold accounts got Visage of Chardok Royalty

Log in between Sept 20-Oct 152017(Autumn appreciation bonus) and Gold accounts got Skull of the Slain Sarnak

In July 25, 2018 (Summer Appreciation bonus) we all got Metamorph Totem: Summer Murkglider just for logging into the game. I don't think this one was limited to Gold, Silver and F2P

In 2019 (Summer appreciation bonus) got the Metamorph Totem: Murikaglider and the Metamorph Totem: Cernerder'Eh Murkglider again Gold accounts only.

Not sure if it will show if you have not gotten them but it is also listed under achievements - events - seasonal on your character.
  7. Nolrog Augur

The only thing better than an illusion is a free illusion. I love them. Missed the first one because I didn't create the character until after.

Hoping for something new, love the pet illusions too.

Last year there was (Labor day was Sept 2).

From 12:00 PM PT on Friday, August 30, 2019 until 12:00 PM PT on Tuesday, September 3, 2019, ALL players on ALL servers will receive double XP!

So it is reasonable to assume we will get double XP from 12:00 PM PT Friday September 4th until 12:00 PM PT Tuesday September 8th.
    Herf likes this.
  8. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Or the 3rd to 9th since some people are still essential workers and only have time on the weekends....
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So Friday is the day they like to start stuff and at noon like I mentioned so this Friday is the 4th. Then it should run over the weekend and on the actual holiday and end on Tuesday like last year - this the 8th
  10. Nolrog Augur

Assuming they are following last year's approach yes. I read someone say that these holiday events are scripted in advance so the bonuses and timelines are the same year to year.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Seems pretty consistent:

**********************************************************************************************************************************
    From 12:00 PM PT on Friday, August 30, 2019 until 12:00 PM PT on Tuesday, September 3, 2019, ALL players on ALL servers will receive double XP!

**********************************************************************************************************************************
    The upcoming weekend, "From 12:00 PM PT on Friday, August 31, 2018 until 12:00 PM PT on Wednesday, September 5, 2018, ALL players on ALL servers will receive double XP! Additionally, members will receive 25% off all items in the Marketplace".

From 12:00PM PT on Thursday, August 31, 2017 until 12:00PM PT on Tuesday, September 5, 2017, ALL players on ALL servers will receive Double XP! Additionally, members will receive 25% off ALL Marketplace items! If you’ve been waiting to pick up something from the Marketplace, now is the perfect time!

From 12PM PT on Thursday, September 1, 2016 until 12PM PT on Tuesday, September 6, 2016, ALL players will receive Double XP!
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

xp bonus seems to be all over the board sometimes its 25/50/76 think on the 4th weekend and rarely double. is it labor thats doubled or some other holiday? wanna level up some alts i mean why not lol. leveling up my rog to sos2 is pretty cool. Now you see me now you dont haha.

Andarriel
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Most XP bonus weekends are not double XP, but Labor day has been a 100% additional XP for the past several years.
  14. Zamiam Augur

Well just like with the other DPG decisions of late I wouldn't expect a double xp .. as they have shown they can and will change their minds whenever they want doesnt matter that they've done it like this for the last several years or not ..

Yes we will get an XP bonus ,but double prolly not .. more like 25% :p
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

You are probably right hopefully not as i wanna level some chars but if they do there way of thinking is to get people to buy more xp potions and it still bugs me there not heirloom as i have a bunch on a char i dont use anymore so basically there worthless to me. Made a mage and i got a claim for a 8 hr 25%xp bonus from some collector i bought awhile back to me thats to long because if you cant use the potion up then you cant use lotd.

Andarriel
  16. Zamiam Augur

ya those 8 hour 25% xp potions were lame .. I still have mine rotting cause I dont play for 8 hours at one time .. yes I know I can take a break or come back another day or even 2 but still sometimes running around looking for a camp spot can take up to an hour or moving a box group around here and there .. I like the 4 hour ones ..

also any item you buy from the markeplace should be Heirloom'd seriously all we can do is trade it to another toon on same account is it really that much to ask or too difficult to do ..
    Andarriel likes this.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

18. Droctrebor Journeyman

19. Nolrog Augur