Max Melee 2H vs 1H

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rasseff, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Rasseff New Member

It makes sense to me that a giant 2H axe would have more of a range then a small Rogue dagger. Can anyone confirm this is the case? The weapons do not list a range, but it seems some 2H wielders do not get hit with ramp, but Rogues do get hit with it so looking for feedback on that.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Would take some testing to confirm, but in my experience melee range does not change based on what you are using. A big 2h looks great, but range is range.

As for AE ramp (different than normal ramp) sometimes you can find a sweet spot of just far enough away to hit yet not be hit. Watch pets, that helps judge range. Try to be as far away as they are.
  3. svann Augur

I set an audio trigger to tell me when Im out of range to make it easier to get at just the right distance. Backup till I hear it then inch closer.
  4. menown Augur

I have a difficult time finding the sweet spot most of the time. Instead of backing in and out of range finding the "sweet spot", I just click Armor of Experience or Glyph of Dragon Scales and pray that splash heals are enough to keep me up.
    Foaming, minimind and Astral64 like this.
  5. Astral64 Augur

S Tier zerker strats leaked.
  6. Monkman Augur

Only issue I’ve had in TOV has been Bledrek rampage in Velks raid, and yeah basically pop armor or glyph and it makes it a non-issue.
  7. Nniki Augur

If you strafe sideways at a slight diagonal towards the target just until you start swinging, you can get where you need to be pretty reliably. Of course, if the target is being pushed or facing you and riposting, it'll just be a waste of time.
  8. svann Augur

I noticed that the velks mob (Bledrek?) rampage moves me closer to him so I need to keep adjusting.
  9. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

You are keying in on the wrong attack types. Both 2H and 1H have ranges beyond the rampage in Velks. Its the special attacks such as frenzy that are harder to manage. Frenzy attack range is about 3 pixels bigger then the rampage range. Inch up on the mob until frenzy starts firing again and you are just outside rampage range. As nniki stated, strafing is more reliable then straight forward or backwards movement, EQ does a horrible job of allowing you to fine tune movement.

It still amuses me to watch people get one rounded in this event because they have zero awareness of what max melee range is.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

See, now that you all are talking about sweet spots, DPG is going to extend the range of NPC melee to be a bit further out than the sweet spot, leaving you no sweet spot. :p
    svann likes this.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

All I'm hearing in this thread is that NPC AE Rampage needs to be extended another foot or so to make sure that melee autoattack can't be used from slightly outside the range.
    Duder likes this.
  12. Lisard Silly

curious to see what they would break in the process of "fixing" that. wonder if walmart has a sale on popcorn.