Something's Gotta Give

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Selinaris, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Torrok Journeyman

The one thing you didn’t mention that druids could use starting with classic... rez. They should get rez at the same stages as a pally. Easy way to make them desirable for a pug without changing much of their balance

Make sure you get those arms with a right click dot. Total game changer for a Druid in kunark/velious
  2. yerm Augur

A druid is the #1 dps class while charming in chardok. It's extremely close but their arsenal tends to edge out a necro's even though an undead goon is a very slightly better pet - that's probably even more pronounced now that charm was nerfed. Both are quite ahead of enchanters, and all 3 charmers light years over anyone else. While doing top dps in your mentioned dungeon you are also usually the 2nd best healer, #3 only if a shaman is 60 with torpor (aka not still leveling).

If you are having trouble getting groups in the situation you named there are only 2 possibilities: nobody is inviting people to groups period, or the people doing so are ignorant to class power. Daybreak buffing druids does nothing to help you here - you are already the literally strongest class in chardok for the role of dps!

I suppose it's possible that a wildly crowded server is chock full of people who are just oblivious to how good druids are... but that seems unlikely. The more likely answer is you aren't really trying. Are you actually asking groups if they have spots? Asking people to join you? OOCing etc? Or are you just doing some stereotype beta play and /lfg on and hoping for someone else to send the tells? IF you are sending tells and the group is telling you no (and it's not just a one time deal) you need to argue better I guess.
    Duder likes this.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

ES vambs are good in solo/duo situations but all but useless in any decent group, the dot does all of 25 DPS? which isn't factoring in the 8 second cast time. Dotting in a group with charm pets killing mobs in 30 seconds is a smooth brain move and probably contributes a lot to the general reluctance to invite Druids in an capacity other than healer of last resort, Dot efficiency only matters if they can run their full duration, otherwise you would be better off nuking.
  4. Defener New Member

Druids are low key the most OP class in Chardok. They simultaneously bring top charm DPS, healing, and an assortment of utility (snare, root, regen, damage shield) to the table. Anyone overlooking druids for group spots, especially in Chardok, are fools and you probably don't want to be grouping with that sort anyway.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

Everyone bases their opinion on Druids when played ideally in the one maybe 2 zones per expac where they can charm. The sad truth is 9/10 don't get remotely close to being played in a competent fashion and are a waste of a group slot.

The other 1/10 probably have regular groups and are less likely to be found in the LFG tool.
    jeskola likes this.
  6. Coppercoz Augur

Ah, so all is well because Chardok exists. Got it.

As with most all the other classes, the glaring holes in the druid class do get addressed in later expansions(some later than others). The problems I always had when playing druid in full groups in the first few expansions is both mana from the crappy single target heals and dealing with the heal aggro in close quarters as a leather wearer.
  7. Defener New Member

Yeah nevermind, you guys are right. The druid class should probably just be deleted. Their buffs are trash, their heals are garbage, the hardiness and utility they bring to groups is so bad. Everyone who plays one probably also showers with their socks on.
  8. yerm Augur

If druids are the literal #1 highest both burst and sustained damage dealer in chardok AND have incredible utility, and groups of people looking for dps IN CHARDOK do not want a druid for the role, the problem is not daybreak's current balancing of the druid class.
  9. Bullsnooze Augur

There is nothing wrong with the Druid class to warrant a design change... Its player ignorance.

If you don't have a Druid in your group, you're doing it wrong. :)
  10. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Uhhh.. Druids can rez. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=4589 (Incarnate Anew - Level 59 spell). It's a Dru/Shm spell.

How did you not know this? o_O
  11. Loze Elder

I think that was sarcasm. The fact that I'm not 100% sure makes it mediocre sarcasm.
  12. Timgrok New Member

Last night I was in chardok with a Druid healing the group. We got trained from a nearby AOE group. Druid evacd us and we survived. If we had a cleric instead, the cleric would’ve just ressed our dead bodies after a corpse run. I’m so glad we had a Druid instead.
    Heals we’re fine during the 5 hour group too.
  13. Fluid Augur

I haven't noticed this w/o a reason. Druid duplicates a lot of functionality of a group so if you have a Shaman doing the healing, why add a Druid? Ditto for a Ranger snares or a Cleric who heals plus resurrects.

There's also a problem with group leaders that don't take advantage of a Druids versatility. For instance, lets say your group healer has to leave, just switch the Druid to healer and keep the group together. Same thing for DPS, lose your Monk, switch the Druid to blasting or DOTs. Druids grease the wheels if you are doing a marathon experience group better then any other character type.

Some stuff I have to admit I haven't parsed yet. I mean simple spells like Flame Lick drop AC and Stinging Swarm lower some<?> resists. I'd imagine tagging MOBs with these spells would make them drop steadily quicker.

There is one thing I would like to see changed. When I box I am a habitual user of Share Wolf Form. I probably have the net effects of this spell wrong, but the increase in ATK means it goes from 194 to 224 on my level 47 Druid. IMHO, this is gud'nuff. It should give ~3% damage increase on early TLP incarnations. Still, nobody in a group likes the effect. I was told it is the barking thing. I also find it a bit tougher to act as a healer in a group when everyone looks the same.

So my suggestion Dark Paw would be: keep the run speed, keep the ATC boost, lose the barking and wolf graphics. I think people would have a tendency to add Druids after the first couple of buffers like Enchanters and Bards *IF* they didn't have to put up with the barking. :)
  14. Pawtato Augur

This is the problem with any variation of jack of all trades and master at none classes in games. They can be incredible, if played by the right person.

However, if you’re doing PUGs it’s just best to assume everyone is an idiot and get the class that does its role the best. Realistically, people quarter to half butt their gameplay, so the more optimum class gets the best results.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

Skuz likes this.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

That's labeled wrong, druids get rez way before that on TLP. God maybe? Oow
    ?
  17. Captain Video Augur

Incarnate Anew went in with SoD, when they did a lot of work to make it easier for various classes to solo, including adding mercs.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

Maybe originally, its in on TLP before TSS for sure
  19. Pawtato Augur

You're thinking of Call of the Wild a 0% rez with a 10 minute recast. It launched with OoW and can be found in the Archetype Tab.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

That too, but incarnate anew is on Coirnav and has been for a few expacs and Coirnav hasn't even hit SoD yet. Maybe its a bug/out of era but its there.