What does green tag mean?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bertil, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Bertil New Member

Hello all,

Someone just said in say "hey there, green tag here, can you send me a tell if at your keyboard"
    What does green tag mean? and also im color blind and have hard time seeing some colors and cant rly see whats green and not green.

Im guess this wasent to me, since i have no ide what this mean, but with most say message, i just ignore them, because if someone wanna hit me up. They will probaly send me a tell.

Edit: Just also wanna say, im a new player. I havent played EverQuest until few months ago when i first started playing, i came from World of Warcraft Classic
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This could have been a GM, or someone pretending to be a GM

The GM have been using /say to check on players reported as AFK playing so ignoring it could prove problematic.
  3. Bertil New Member

Isent that something they should say then?
    Like atleast say they are a GM?
    Im color blind, i cant see if some things are green and since EverQuest dosent have color blind mode, this will be problematic for me.
    If this is a way for them to check players its really stupid and would cause false bans
  4. Healiez Augur

The are probly trying to change up their wording to dodge audio triggers from people.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It's someone pretending to be a GM in awkward wording in an attempt to keep them from getting reported for impersonating a GM I'd guess.

Or their name color was actually green and you just can't see it cause of colorblindness.
  6. Gynek Lorekeeper

I am almost positive they wouldn't, under any circumstance, use the term "Green Tag"

That sounds like player nonsense. If they were trying to avoid GM for audio trigger purposes, there's a lot of other phrases they could use, such as CSR, and I doubt they'd use "Green Tag"

Definitely a troll.
  7. NotMyCharacterName New Member

Is going afk not allowed? Someone please update their ToS
  8. Piznut Angry Gnome

Aradune Ruleset -
    Mangler XP Progression
    Agents of Change Enabled
    Pick Zones Enabled
    By playing on Aradune you agree to:
    Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is ban including Aradune associated accounts.
    Boxing any more than 2 characters will result in the following actions taken against your account. First Offence: A written warning from the GM. Second Offence: A 7 day suspension of account privileges on all Aradune related accounts. Third Offence: Permanent ban on all Aradune associated accounts.
  9. Protagonist Tank

GMs and guides have green names.
  10. Zinth Augur

it mean's it is a useless person that can't/won't help you with anything but they can give you some milk and cookies
  11. code-zero Augur

Why do I read this as, "I can't con them into giving me an edge in game"?
  12. phaeril Augur

Considering their history of handing out food items that are out of era on TLPs, chances are that the milk and cookies probably represent a bigger edge than can be gained by them going around AFK checking people with /say
  13. phaeril Augur

They are AFK checking people that aren't engaging in any "Game-play", just standing there. Do they AFK check the people standing in the tunnel with audio triggers for when someone sells something they want? The item/player economy is at least a big a part of the game as AFKing in any other place, are these people engaged in automated game-play? Or maybe it's just unintended for them to wait around for anything without staring at their screen, trying to enforce some sort of naive playing where we don't have timers or tools.

Apparently a timer on a phone is unintended enough to be getting AFK checked in the 15 minutes between spawns. It's like they watched for me to kill the PHer, wait 5 minutes, then started using /say to AFK check me. That's where the line on "automated/unintended" is currently. Mind you I had no pet, I was kiting the PHs around while killing them, I was clearly there when killing them. If they looked at logs at all they would see me conversing with people the whole time leading up to it.

They probably mean "unattended", you literally cannot go AFK to wait on a spawn anymore without risk of some Karen claiming you are botting and a brainless GM coming down to see you sitting and doing nothing, and agreeing that you're an actionless bot.
  14. Protagonist Tank

Confirming, the milk and cookies are some seriously OP stat food. The click buff gms give out is also 30 minutes of hyper-regen and KEI combined.
  15. EchoFreya Lorekeeper

To infer that someone cannot step away from their keyboard while playing a video game that they are paying for goes well beyond a human rights violation. I'd say you're safe to pee, or eat, or take care of your children's or dog's needs in those areas as well.

There's a pretty big difference between sitting at a 16 minute camp, setting a timer and killing every 16 minutes then not paying attention to your screen for another 15.5 minutes... and blatant automation. It generally looks pretty different too.

Going AFK means you aren't doing anything. You aren't moving, you aren't casting, and you shouldn't be talking. I don't think you would be in jeopardy here provided that you return to physically engage with the game when you need to "play" (e.g., kill a mob). You can't be penalized with leaving your character logged in at EC tunnel while you walk your dog... that's ridiculous.

If a group appears suspicious (moving, casting, killing mobs), yet doesn't respond, and is interfering with another player's gameplay, then that's highly suspicious of "automated gameplay". I'm pretty sure that is the type of activity the clause quoted above is targeting, because to expect a person to sit at their desk for hours on end to kill one grey mob every 16 minutes with their eyeballs glued to the screen without eating, drinking, relieving themselves, or attending to other responsibilities is ridiculous.
  16. Duder Augur

A human rights violation he says.
  17. EchoFreya Lorekeeper

Indeed. It is a basic human right to eat, hydrate, and relieve yourself. To infer that one cannot is in violation of that, so, to think a video game is going to impose such a rule is ludicrous.

Player interpretation on the other hand...
  18. Duder Augur

Ohh. In their rules it says you aren't allowed to eat, drink, or go to the bathroom? That's terrible. I must have missed that.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's like the GM's don't understand the actual rules... it's not that you can't go AFK. It's that you can't play the game while AFK. There is a pretty big, and obvious difference between those two things.
    Duder likes this.
  20. nagash101 Augur

If you kill a mob during the AFK check and do not reply in a timely manner you are cheating. Once they determine that you are suspended for 7 days. Make sure to have ALL chat channels in a separate window so that you can pay attention to the chat.