Aradune Dedicated GM with hands-off Policy...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sollix, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Sollix Journeyman

What a joke this whole Dedicated GM server has turned out to be.

Dedicated GMs who respond to any issue you have with an epic turn-in/bugged fight that they cannot help you since they have a hands off policy.... Better hope your epic fights/turnins don't bug out or else you'll be told to just simply redo it all.

Such a joke.
  2. Kaldaur Lorekeeper

This is absolutely true. Their hands-off policy applies to areas in which GMs could actually make a difference, such as resolving errors that occur during hand-ins.

As is typical, this company is unable to set forth a coherent policy and instead just allows their CS staff to wander around the wilderness.
  3. Zinth Augur

but hey they give out cookies, milk and useless illusions
  4. PVPme Augur

Useless GMs
  5. Nolrog Augur

Typically that's a guide not a GM. They are different.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  6. Zinth Augur

in this case it was a GM since it was after they came to fix an afk "playing" player
  7. Nolrog Augur

I stand corrected. I thought it was just someone going around giving out cookies and milk. . . . .
  8. PVPme Augur

We got dedicated GMs who tell you they cant help. That is awesome!
  9. Thalliius Augur

I've yet to witness the presence of a GM in game yet
  10. Fluid Augur

From a historical perspective, GM were only allowed to do things that could potentially effect game play decades ago. Just a for instance, GMs that were allowed to create or replace items that were scammed or through malfeasance into abusing the power. I played during this era and it was most horrible.

Even Guides were guilty of some abuses in that they would scout areas for friends give them information not normally available through legitimate game play.

The current system is limited to game play issues. For instance I have fallen through the world and ended up below it in a blank plane. GM came and summoned me back to the world level. That type of thing is the only thing they can do.

It's the lessor of two evils. You would much rather have a GM that couldn't ban you on the word of a buddy who wanted a spawn to themselves. I've even heard of one case where a GM ~provoked a player with his response to a situation and the player typed 'WTF.' Player was banned for swearing at a GM. I'll live with the current situation as the old one really sucked.