Not A Bug Launch Pad

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Warrath, Aug 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scila Augur

Nothing anywhere - was in for maybe 5 minutes now back to server select - char select takes over 5 minues to load. What's up??
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Half the internet in the US is down.
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I don't understand why some people just bash instead of looking for the correct answer. Apparently Cloudflare and Centurylink, who are experiencing outages globally are Darkpaw's responsibility.

Your post isn't aging well.
    Mukkul and Duder like this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

NOT A BUG. NOT DPG fault. Please close this thread. Thank you dev and all employees at EQ for having the patience of saints with our players. Its like running a day care.
    Duder likes this.
  6. shroomie Elder

Still can't log in. Back to same error that blocked access for 48 hours earlier this week: "It took XX seconds for your characters to load." Then frozen.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You have a ton of issues, at least that you posted, missing real estate, can't log in. Have you done any troubleshooting recommended by Sak or some of the other players? Not the game dev troubleshooting. Are you trying to play on a lap top? I think with all the issues your constantly having that its not the game. And they all sound connection/graphic related.

For example you posted that you had the same issue in this thread where someone says it was related to his sound set up and making some adjustments fixed it for him. But you didn't say if you tried that fix, just mentioned same thing and the latest patch is trash. But did you try that?
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...s-never-seen-this-before.269833/#post-3958971
    Duder likes this.
  8. shroomie Elder

Appreciate the advice unfortunately same issues over multiple machines while other accounts are working on those same machines. No issues before patch. Correlation isn't always causation but I also don't believe in coincidences with this much evidence linking two things. I'm also unable to upgrade to All Access. Tried on Steam and through DB's website. I think my account is just majorly corrupted due to the patch.
  9. tyler.durden New Member

LaunchPad is not working for me either, as of 1:05PM PST.
    shroomie likes this.
  10. shroomie Elder

Are you getting the error "It took XX seconds to load your characters" as well?
  11. tyler.durden New Member

LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit https://help.daybreakgames.comfor assistance.
    (4-503)
  12. shroomie Elder

Getting that one half the time and the "took XX seconds" the other half. Tempted to do a clean install. Hate losing all my layouts. Ugh. When I get the "took XX seconds" error, there is an "OK" button to click but everything is locked and I have to CRTL+ALT+DEL to program.
  13. Conq Augur

Launchpad isn't connecting on first try. Sometimes it takes 5 tries. But then it connects. Not ideal...
    Conq
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Save your current copy on a zip/thumb. That way you can reload if it doesn't work or reload to recover your old settings.
  15. shroomie Elder

Just tried to bypass the launcher. Same problem. This account is toasted lol.
  16. shroomie Elder

Resintalled built-in computer speaker driver and now it works. Don't ask me how but it did. Strange.
  17. shroomie Elder

Couldn't find the post you were referring too, and a search of "Sak" brought up many names so I don't know which "Sak" you mean... But I did reinstall my computer speaker drivers *not soundcard but built-in speaker* and now it works. What a weird reason to give an error "your character took XX seconds" and lock you out. Thanks for the suggestion!
  18. Mukkul Augur

19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Omg, really? Your back in the game? Now if they could just find all your plat, houses and other stuff:(

Ok that link about the sound fixing the "taking 15 sec" did not have anything from Sak in it. Sorry for the confusion. His forum name is Sarkaukar and he and a few others have some really good fixes for stuff.

For the other poster with the (4-503) error - based on all the issues the internet had this morning it would not hurt to turn off your computer and maybe even the modem for a minute to help it reestablish those server connections that got fried earlier.
    shroomie likes this.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.