No spell research for anything 101+?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Was looking through ZAM and EQTraders, seeing about researching some spells, and can't find anything 101 and higher. Seriously, they never added any of them? I know you can't research current (and recent) stuff, but TDS was 5 expacs ago. We already get auto-granted AAs from TDS, and TBM. They should add spell research that far, at least.
    Aanuvane and Yinla like this.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

The previous comments by the developer indicated that it was unlikely any additional spell/song/tome recipes would be added. In the last couple of iterations of recipes, we got augments that were created by research.
    Szilent likes this.
  3. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I think that they looked at the time and effort (mostly time) to create all of the recipes and decided that the other methods of getting rk.II spells would do. I'm an altoholic and have 4 full 3-box teams over lvl 90, and it is really time consuming to make all of their spells in the game, so I don't begrudge them not wanting to have to make the recipes on their end either. Dreadmotes for 96-100 were really hard to come by, and there is nothing similar for 80-85, so that is basically all I research anymore for spells up to lvl 100 anyway.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's too bad. I liked having the option when I couldn't get the drops I needed. Mostly level 99 & 100, so those are covered by research. But the level 106-110 drops I can't get for myself, and the drops in the Bazaar are still stupidly expensive (along with the level 99 & 100 dreadmotes), given the 3-5% boost you get from rank 1 vs. rank 2.

Guess I'll just do without going forward

Thanks, all
  5. Zamiam Augur

I agree , would of been nice to be able to research the Rk 2 spells up to the next to last expansion at least..

if you have trouble getting the Rk 2 spells there is always the Rk 1 which are usually always vender purchased .. Until you can replace them with the 2's .. at least its something..

thats what I do I buy all the Rk 1 spells then as I go and can get the spell drops to replace ..
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Of course. I'm not doing without the spells ;)