Option to Auto-Sort Bank & Bags

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakah, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Lianeb Augur

A house is 300 slots of auto sorting
  2. Drakah UI Designer

I was talking to another player about this last night... he meticulously arranges his collection bags, so much so, that he arranges his bag according to how it is presented in the Achievement collection. Also, if he is missing a collection item, he leaves a slot blank for it.

I do not know if there is a way to include that logic into a Sort feature or not, but that was one of the concerns he had of an auto-sort drop-down choice for bank bags/inventory bags.

I did mention you could have the option to "Skip Bag" that the bags you checkbox, will not be sorted if the auto-sort option was selected. That seemed to solve the issue so the bags he already arranged would not get consolidated by an auto-sort.

I would also opt the idea to have the option to "Sort Collections Alpha, Achievement (actual sort that shows in the achievement list by Title, then by how your database is showing them under that Title), Icon, Collected, Not Collected.
  3. Drakah UI Designer

I still think having the option to use the bank, using the same idea as the guild bank, may work nicely, as you can sort the items via the header of the columns alpha, and add a column for the "type" of item it is, and click on that header of the column to sort by that.
  4. Angahran Augur

Being able to 'grab' from our houses without having to run to each individual plot would be great.
    Maybe his would require purchasing (with plat or DBC) a placeable NPC for each plot who would grab the item you request and parcel it to you. With this if you could parcel to your plot that would be useful.

Another helpful option would be the ability to 'find' and 'grab' from plots where you are the co-owner.
    Drakah likes this.
  5. Drakah UI Designer

With the new expansion in the works, think we can have this implemented for that?
    Really would like to auto-sort bags.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Winnowyl like this.
  6. Zamiam Augur

its prolly alittle late to implement for this coming expansion .. maybe next
  7. Drakah UI Designer

Who knows, they could of had this in the works already from when I mentioned about it.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

A bit off-topic, but is there a list somewhere of all the commands for easily moving things from bag to bag, i.e. "Ctrl-Left Click which will combine all like items"? For some reason, perhaps because I haven't used them enough to have them permanently engraved on my brain, I keep having to try and look them up.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's all I know of. However, it's a pretty powerful tool. If you have your bank sorted like Corwyn shows in the above screen shots, you can use that trick to sort everything very quickly, with just one caveat: The destination bags must be "full" (i.e, no open slots).

Then you can take your inventory bag on your cursor, and just hover and control-click on each bank bag, til you've added all the items where you want them. Takes just seconds.
  10. Drakah UI Designer

Mine is based on the scenario of out on a day's grind, coming back and wanting to drop all your crap into your bank and have it auto-sort by tradeskill items, no-trade items, weapons, ornamentations, and vendor junk to sell off, etc. EverQuest II already has this, its not a new idea, just should be implemented here too.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Celephane Augur

You ever think about the words you say? Could of means nothing...it sounds like could've, which is could have...that is the correct thing
  12. Leigo You come here often?

A-Z would be a great start. Leaves room to expand upon in the future.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

The change I would like to see is a new bank feature that holds unlimited tradeskill items. Just drop it in there. Holds anything that is not notrade. Automatically accessible from any stationary tradeskill device, but not from portable tradeskill bags.

Sure a single file for a character that lists every possible TS item with a number next to it could be large, but it would eliminate the huge number of mule alts. I have a single alt that has nothing but tradeskill bags full. Each time I log to him I place an unnecessary load on the server. I believe it would be a significant net gain for the servers and quality of life with minimal impact on the gameplay overall.

Really go crazy with it and add a button that automatically pulls are tradeskills items from your bag, like autobank, without the cursor.

I wonder how having a similar feature for collections would eliminate housing waste and etc and reduce the ever growing demand for bank expansion.
  14. svann Augur

Players used to call non-magic gear "white" and that would be vendor trash whereas green/blue/etc gear would not. Though brand new progression servers may not agree that it is trash.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It's really not that hard....

Vendor trash is that which exists for NO other purpose than to be sold to a vendor.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Being able to sort by flags such as no trade, attunable, lore, prestige would be useful.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.