Shadow of the Bloodguard Illusion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Tutankamen Augur

Can we get this illusion, which is on the SK breastplates in the 85 level range, added as an Overseer illusion? Seems a shame to waste this on old gear no one uses. There is a female version of this as well I would like to see.

On Alla it seems to describe this as a Vampire illusion:

1: Additional Damage to Spells (300)
    2: Limit: Min Level (75)
    3: Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)
    5: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
    6: Illusion: Vampire
    7: Limit: Minimum Mana Cost (10)
    9: Limit: Max Level(85) (lose 5% per level over cap)

[IMG]
    Marton and Celephane like this.
  2. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Got mine in the bank, LDoN vampire version. The female version looks like one of Mayong's Mistresses wearing plate bp iirc.
  3. Celephane Augur

4. Sobmre Augur

then pallys should get a mithmar illusion, and rangers a karana and and and and
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yes please would love this illusion when i do butcherblock ldon's.

Andarriel
  6. Tutankamen Augur

I mean I was saying it as an illusion for all... even the BP only lasts a few seconds. It's too good an illusion to waste on that. Could make it 500k overseer if you want... but give it to us plz! :)
  7. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Pally get a ghost froglok pet! Or is that another expansion?
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Ngreth says there is a limited amount global file memory available for illusions.

This illusion seems ideal for full effect (as suggested by OP) or removal for an expansion illusion.
  9. Celephane Augur

I would like this illusion to be available for all as well.
  10. Zamiam Augur

yet they keep adding more illusions with every expansion .. so how limited is it really ?

just like they keep saying adding bigger bags is a coding fiasco or something along those lines but they just confirmed that they have not reached the limit yet but want to wait before releasing bigger bags so they dont reach that limit too quick ..
    so they could add bigger bags but they dont ..
    eqgamer likes this.
  11. Celephane Augur

Why is this a thing? Does their BP give them that illusion?
  12. Zamiam Augur

I'm guessing it does , but only a few seconds ..
  13. Celephane Augur

I'm guessing you just posted to post. They don't have an illusion, SK one does, I know, I have it and I posted a picture of it, I'd like to share the illusion with others
  14. Zamiam Augur

I might have misread you post !! I was thinking you were referring to the SK BP not the pally one .. my bad

I usually do not post just to post .. my post count is high enough to where I don't have to do that anymore ;)
    Have a great day Cele
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I know right. every expansion and crate come with new illusions so im not buying the limited global memory crap lol. Heck without illusions my traders wouldnt look cool. One trader is just old halfling model no biggie other three are Nihil x2 and violet sporali such a cool looking illusion.

Andarriel
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With there being a limit on how many illusions are able to go in the global file, more reason to not restrict those that do.
  17. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Get rid of useless illusions, like Tree illusion; can't move, just stand there like a tree! Some of the older ones that don't look that great I wouldn't suggest, because I'm sure some people like them...but a TREE?! I would understand if it made you indifferent to say followers of Tunare or Karana, but it does not.

+The not so great April Fools illusions....
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I will correct myself. The "global load" file only affects old models (so possibly this vampire model).

Here is Ngreth's responses (in my query to add Noble Dojorn illusion):

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/beta-reward.252300/page-2#post-3714561

In a separate thread, I thought he said he would prioritize global load file (old models) for expansion and heritage crate illusions. So it makes sense that we have seen the Ice Giant Facade and Daring Deathfist Orc Disguise because it falls into the Heritage Crate parameter, and Guise of the Crystalline Construct under TBL expansion purchase. I can't find Ngreth's response regarding this subject of prioritizing on the forums at this moment, however.
    Zamiam likes this.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I will correct myself and say the global load file is only affected by old models. But yes, I am for economizing if we get cooler old model illusions. :)
  20. Nniki Augur

This is probably what you're looking for.
    Benito likes this.