Duels and Charmed Mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arrk, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Arrk Augur

Mobs charmed, and then killed during a duel, should not drop loot....

News at 11...
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Hmm does it give Xp? Can you be in group? What's happening here? Enchanter charms mob, duels guild mate / group mate. Sets pet to stop (do enchanters get that?) or spams back, free/Xp loot without mob hitting back?
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Sounds like an exploit that should be sent direct to the team via a petition.rather than advertised here.
    code-zero and minimind like this.
  4. niente Developer

Please name the NPCs where this is a useful tactic and we will investigate.
    Duder and Skuz like this.
  5. Remedial New Member

Uh that would be uh.. every named that is charmable? Watch for pop with program that shall not be named. Waltz in charm mob at nothing %. Set box to duel. Win?
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Recently they changed a ton of named mobs to be uncharmable, so I think he's asking for specifics since they have apparently missed at least 1.
    Skuz and Wengi like this.
  7. bardybard Augur

Lord Bergugle
  8. Arrk Augur

Chancellor Di'zok in LOIO .... it is being used by mages and bards there

As a followup, when you do this you get full loot, no xp, and suffer no faction hits/gains.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Wengi Journeyman

Why would you complain about someone also using next level Kunark strategies?
    Rizlowned likes this.
  10. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

cool, i didn't know about this. now i do!
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Did you mean bards and enchanters? Or is the mage using puppet strings?
  12. Arrk Augur

enchanters and bards are charming, then dueling epic mages, whose pet kills the chancellor in like 20 sec.

They get full loot, and suffer no negative for it.

A pet that dies in a duel should drop no loot...
  13. NotMyCharacterName New Member

It's probably already been reported and needed to be made public to garner attention.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

Incredible that kunark still has gems like this!
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

I ain't even mad, I'm continually impressed by the things players come up with to win lol
    Machen likes this.
  16. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

I think people are more surprised at how long it's been around unnoticed/unnerfed. This trick was found within like 2 days of them nerfing charm gating.
  17. Nakoda Lorekeeper

Atabishi tell your guys to stop crying about dumb stuff please lmao thats EQ BABY
  18. Fluid Augur

Against any changes except for maybe epic mobs. I've been doing this with Hadden for maybe a decade for the Fishbone Earring. Done it with Pyzjn too: I've had a charmed Pyzjn killing a new pop.

It's an important feature that makes the game fun. Sheesh! Took away Wolf form faction changes, take away Enchanter faction changes too, that is where you are headed.
  19. Arrk Augur

Sure prior to charm being non-dispellable... sure you combated this tactic with a dispel..
    Now... you have 0 recourse.. which requires DPG to make a change that stop it from being an exploit

It also circumvents the changes that DPG made in regards to charm/mem blur during a DPS race.... as when you charm the mob and duel... and then the mob dies while charm ... none of those charm/mem blur rules applies ( DPS done is not remembered by the mob)