When does the rest of Aradune get to farm VP keys?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rizlowder, Aug 25, 2020.

1. merkmerk73 Journeyman

TEQB bath water when?
    ttin and Aneuren like this.
  2. Lejaun Augur

You and the rest of the Everquest population did. Meanwhile, TEB thinks this:

[IMG]
  3. That0neguy Augur

Your argument to make your speed run a valid competing metric would be valid if the other servers had been competing for speed as well. However on those servers that I have raced on no one has been competing to do it "fastest" you compete to do it first. Which is a very different thing and your speed and drive depends on a lot of the server and the competition you have.

For example I remember a PoP race where we finished Time p3 and called it a night. Could we have done P4 and P5 and quarm that night and shaved 24hrs off our clear time? Sure we could have, but there was no point because the #2 guild had not even killed all of the elemental gods yet.

So unless there were other guilds who were clearing Kunark for Speed run times your comparison really isn't valid.
  4. Sikkun Augur

Could just ban every account that happens to magically bee line towards the ground spawn the exact second it spawns. It’s almost like having a program that monitors network traffic and then uses an audio trigger to notify people.

But hey it’s just advanced strategies being used to get speed runs. All in game, no cheating programs used.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I don't get the bragging about speedrun times for clearing expansions.

People who do speed runs do them on old games that haven't at all so the conditions are always the same.
    • Comparing Fippy to Ragefire/Lockjaw makes no sense because Fippy didn't have pickzones where you could duplicate zones and generate far more keys
    • Comparing Ragefire/Lockjaw to Phinigel makes no sense because Phinigel had AoCs so you could split raid and generate far more keys/loot than you could with just open world kills
    • Comparing Phinigel to Coirnav makes no sense because pickzone mechanics were changed, preventing a single player from holding open a pickzone vastly changing the number of key pieces you were able to farm in a short period of time.
    • Comparing Coirnav to Mangler makes no sense because they changed many VP key pieces like ground spawns and the charmability of various quest NPCs people would often grief with.
    etc. etc. TLPs are constantly evolving, comparing your clear on one server to the rate another server clears content is nonsensical. You may as well be comparing two different expansions clear times.
  6. Thewiz Augur

Do not muddy the water with logic, sir.
    Goburs, jeskola and That0neguy like this.
  7. Korillo Augur

8. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

If they simply removed this idiotic key farm ... 99.99% of the server drama, training, KSing and general D-Baggery would disappear in an instant. 21 years later the key is at best a 5 min speed bump on TLP's for the top 1-2 guilds ... but the rest of the server has to put hands out for scraps until the basement dwellers deem they are done blocking the server.

Just remove this pointless key and Customer Service will marching JChan around on a throne like Queen for the Day.
  9. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

DBL post please remove this one
  10. Ootax Augur

So I was wondering, is now a good time to play on Aradune?
  11. Healiez Augur

Hey at least in 6 months we will get "when is the rest of Aradune going to get to farm VT keys" for our amusement.
  12. Lejaun Augur

Actually, it is. Other than one certain guild, the server as a whole is pretty decent and there are plenty of xp groups out there (though not many for lower levels).
  13. sumnayin Augur

When you actually kill Trakanon enough to make enough keys to go into VP...It blows my mind seeing all of these people camping VP keys when their guild has killed Trakanon once or none and won't even be able to raid VP for 2-3 more weeks. You all should be more upset by the rampant use of "special tracking"....I know it is the reason i'll never give Daybreak another dime or play another TLP.
    NotMyCharacterName likes this.
  14. Kiaro Augur

I remember that, it was my job on my paladin to stand back, heal/cure myself and just chain 0% res warriors who would run back in and taunt and die.
  15. Aegir Augur

LOL! Brings back a lot of memories! With all the Drama, Salt and a TLP forum section busier than ever before and never beaten to this day.... Ragefire prior to phinny launch, really had its charm.
  16. NotMyCharacterName New Member

VP key isn't worth the time or effort. The vast majority of drops in there are weapons that are not as good as epics and chest pieces that are not as good as class specific gear from VS/Trak.
  17. NotMyCharacterName New Member

imagine being first in a race, but you're the only one racing.
    Goburs likes this.
  18. Piznut Angry Gnome

19. Protagonist Tank

I'm fascinated. You don't play the game anymore and won't ever, but you spend your free time on a niche subforum of a 20+ year old video game to vent anger about that game.

Please tell me more of the dumpster-fire of cumulative impotence that makes up your day to day life.
  20. Bullsnooze Augur

Its too late for classic now, but this is what I've been saying as well.

About a month ago, I posted in one of these very threads that if you want to actually see who's the best and fastest then hold a tournament on Aradune.

I think it was something like,
    • You get the best 42 (7 groups) from each guild that wants to compete and put them in a bracket.
    • Setup the rules of the tournament. (One run per zone, any class composition, real players only, targets necessary to count towards the clear, and krono/platinum wagers etc.)
    • Select the zones used for racing (Hate, Fear, Sky, and Dragons)
    • Each raid force will have 2 independent moderators to make sure no hacks, cheats, or exploits are used and stream/record the run, voice-chat, and guild-chat for proof.
    • The guild will be crowned with the top times per zones
    I believe this would be the most accurate way to declare the best guild on Aradune, otherwise it's all self-proclaimed nonsense.