Fixed Internally Issue with log in server

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Magnas, Aug 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troudet New Member

at least you managed to clear it, congratulation !
  2. troudet New Member

I understand now why there is nearly no one in PoK on AB, hardly 10 to 15 players around over 30 to 50 usually
  3. Thraine Augur

cant log on my 2nd account .. this is not ideal
  4. Erazmuz New Member

Same issue as all of the above. Silver account can get in, all access (lifetime) is "invalid credentials". can't even log to website to file ticket on aa account.
  5. Tal-Ral New Member

Still have another account not able to log in, received reply to my petition that issue was fixed, but can still not log in on other account.
  6. Vividor Elder

I have same issue with my silver account, cant log in, invalid credentials.
  7. junglevoodooman New Member

This is the response I just got to my petition regarding this incident:

8. CaethialEQ New Member

yeah, not resolved... been effected for at least 4 hours now
  9. Krizem Augur

Got the same message...and no not resolved for me either.
  10. Barkmoss New Member

Same here was able to log into one account 10 mins ago and now cannot log into any of them
  11. yabbadabbadoo New Member

That is alot better than the reply I got:mad:

Justin "Woebot" C. (Daybreak Games)
    Aug 27, 2020, 8:19 AM PDT
    Greetings Traveler,

You may want to make backups and then delete the following files, which by default are locating in your Everquest install directory:
    (Please know that these backups are necessary to help restore any custom UI settings)

defaults.ini
    eqclient.ini
    eqgame.exe
    EQGfx_Dx8.dll
    EQGraphicsDX9.dll
    eqlsClient.ini
    eqmain.dll

Also, back up the character configuration files by following these instructions:

<CharacterName><ServerName>.ini (example jack_bristlebane.ini)
    UI
    <CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example ui_jack_bristlebane.ini)

One or more of those files may be corrupt, causing these issues.

If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.
    Sincerely,
    Senior GM Woebot
    Nadisia likes this.
  12. Nemoon New Member

Same can login on 3 of 4 accounts. Can’t reset password or login in webpage. Did a support ticket and no response yet. Hope they will fix it soon.
  13. goatmom New Member

did this work? any updates would be appreciated ive been waiting almost 4 hours now myself
  14. Leberion New Member

deleting files on our end isnt going to fix the fact that our logins arent working on their website....
    Nemoon and Regnad like this.
  15. Regnad Journeyman

Been trying for 6 hours to get 2 characters logged in. Error -A timeout occurred. Any suggestions? Is someone going to fix this soon?
  16. Gondium New Member

Still fails after the email from support.
    Regnad likes this.
  17. goatmom New Member

went through my folder and cant find EQGfx_Dx8.dll im not a comp savvy person but if this isnt there could that be the issue?
  18. yabbadabbadoo New Member

No
    It's their problem not ours
  19. Krizem Augur

Not sure how they could possibly think deleting specific character files would make a difference when you literally cannot log into their website and patcher with one account... but can on another from the same computer.
    Leberion and Regnad like this.
  20. Nadisia Augur

Seriously? Did that GM even read the messages and check the type of problem before posting this nonsense?
    Delete the game inis and all that crap when the LOGIN doesn't work, even on the SITE?
    Are you freaking serious?

«Is your computer plugged into mains ?... you know ... the big box on your desk ...»

Sorry, but this kind of answer drives me crazy o_O:mad:

Edit : and to all the poor Norrathians stuck with this problem : do not delete any file.
    The issue is on their side, not your.
    Something gone wrong either on the auth process, or even worse, on their database (if their DB is corrupted, it won't be the 1st time.)
    Atm, the login process on the site fails for these accounts, and it has nothing to do with the DirectX or eqclient files.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.