Group Clarity, 2 less regen than single C

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mismezz, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Mismezz New Member

Kunark just released on Aradune / Rizlona. More iterations of group buffs, how exciting!

Until you get to the Enchanter.

Boon of the Clear Mind is a group version of Clarity. However, after a few minutes of experimentation, it seems Group C yields 2 less Mana Regen per tick than Single Cast Clarity.

Is this a side effect of level scaling? Is this something that can be fixed?

I'm looking at Pack Spirit and Heroic Bond for example. One is group sow and another is a group cleric HP buff. Both of these are carbon copies of their single target counterparts, leading me to believe the inefficiency known as Group C might just be an oversight and it might even be an easy fix!

However, if this scaling is too difficult to change, or this is working as intended, please disregard this post.

There is also another issue with Clarity 2, which due to scaling isn't more Mana Regen for a few levels after you get it. Meaning, regular old clarity is better than C2 until level 59 or so, where it finally yields more Mana Regen than C1.

Thanks for your time!
  2. Kiaro Augur

Yes its a side effect of level scaling. FWIW I seem to remember clarity spells didn't scale at all. I might be mistaken though.
  3. Healiez Augur

Clarity spells do scale now, Clarity stops scaling at 52 when you get C2 and thats when the C2 line starts scaling. Group C2 doesnt start scaling until you get it at 56, so it is actually only 1 more mana regen then C1. Starting with kei they are fixed mana regen.
  4. Baldur Augur

Yeah, it's been an issue forever. I reported it in their jira issue tracker years ago back when that was a thing and they didn't care then, doubt they care now.

By the time it's the same regen as clarity you have clarity 2, so it's a totally worthless spell.

You really should have done this in the bug reports forum though, who knows, maybe they would fix it now.