MotM on hate minis and fear golems in kunark?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Creepin, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Creepin Lorekeeper

This is anti-fun and makes no sense, why do fear golems and hate minis still keep MotM past classic?
  2. Weebles101 Journeyman

The same reason that Trakanon can't be spawned without motm, but Faydedar and Venril Sathir can.
    Because someone decided that was how it would be.

To be less pedantic, I agree that it would be nice if motm was scaled down once an expansion is no longer in era, or certainly ~2 xpacs after era as opposed to the way it is now, where it isn't removed until 5 or 6 after or something equally ridiculous.
  3. Kiaro Augur

MoTM shouldn't even be a thing beyond the "32k" era.
    Aneuren likes this.
  4. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Going back with a group and clearing this kind of content is incredibly fun. It also used to allow for a wide range of challenge, since you could simply vary the force size to an incredible degree.

Not so much with MotM, and especially in Luclin where it turns those fights into absolute marathon snorefests.
  5. Kiaro Augur

Leading a smaller raid crew during MoTM eras is painful in Velious/Luclin/PoP not because the content is horribly difficult to beat, but because it takes 45minutes to kill the cursed cycle, MoTM is just a needless timesink once bosses start to have HP over 100,000. I mean sure, we can still 12 man Seru in era....for 90minutes.
    Aneuren likes this.
  6. Weebles Augur

Yeah I appreciate the idea of scaling the mobs with character power levels over the years, but they definitely went overboard in some cases. The concept of making it more “difficult” is pretty dumb, because making things hit harder and having insane regen doesn’t make them any more difficult, it only means you need a 6 cleric rotation instead of 3, and need more dps before going oom. There is no real change in difficulty. All it does it make it impossible for people that enjoy low manning to experience the content.
    Aneuren likes this.
  7. Ruhi Augur

motm was a kneejerk cause a small raid of lvl 40 mages pet walled nagafen on ragefire - i certainly dont understand why they stuck with it once instancing came out.
    Aneuren likes this.
  8. Healiez Augur

One of the other things that just "feelsbad" about it is.

I braved countless monsters, demigods, and dragons. Spent hours traveling the lands to aquire the most powerful weapons and gear wielded by immortals themselves.

During my most powerful level of focus and pushing my body to the limit I can do massive damage!!!

backstab 82

This spell cost the wizard his life in scribing, few mortals have mastered its intricate incantation, It allows me to summon the very flames of the sun at great cost and personal risk!

Some theatrics but you get the point

Back to the point... back in the day you could do these mobs with less people it just took a long time. Now the regen is cranked up so high that there is effectively a "DPS" check beyond can you kill it before your clerics oom. There have been times low manning motm mobs when you just see it bounce between 99% and 100%.

I am all for the mobs being slightly more challenging. Hell a 32k hp mob dies in like 30 seconds to like 12 level 60's. Increasing their hp would have been fine, but adding the insane mitigation and regen was overkill.

Some of the damage levels added to the mobs make no sense either... Trakanon hits harder then the AoW, He is capable of onerounding a defensived warrior.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

short answer is player power creep in modern tlp is still excessively high.
  10. Loze Elder

Bane damage and foci were the reasons, plus the aforementioned power creep. We just do a lot more damage than we did 21 years ago. It was their "fix" to make these fights challenging again. Can you imagine if Trak still only had 32,000 hit points? It probably needs to be scaled back now that foci aren't a thing anymore in classic.
  11. Baldur Augur

It does eventually come off. I think it's 4 or 5 expansions afterwards when it comes off.
  12. Loze Elder

Yeah, and it gets less effective each expansion. Each expansion has a lower rank of MotM with lower levels of mitigation until LDoN (I think) when it goes away completely then it gradually drops off the earlier expansions one at a time. Coirnav just hit TBS, and IIRC, it should have dropped off of POP.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

GoD for MOTM to drop off Classic
    DoN for Kunark
    PoR for Velious
    TBS for Luclin
    SoF for PoP

Lines up with when fabled are available so you can't get fabled with motm