Next Expansion request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demoria7, Aug 26, 2020.

1. demoria7 Elder

minor, I admit, but it would be a frustration relief to have a "find' box in our spell books or at the top of the spell slot list....or both :p
  2. Zamiam Augur

why ? you can find any spell thru the right mouse click on a spell gem and they are sub listed by catagories easy lookup ..

I dont even bother organizing my spell books anymore ..

I think it would actually take longer to open spellbook click the search or find button (if they were to introduce one) type in what your looking for and hit scribe ? Than to just use the right mouse click and use the spell drop down system .. Jmho

they also have a few commands to help .. if you know what page your spell is on
    /book 1-120? opens spellbook to that page
    /savespellset saves a spell set to your spell bar
    /memspellset loads a saved spell set to your spell bar

this info was obtained thru the Fanra site listed below which I use all the time Thanks Fanra

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Useful_commands#Spells
    hope this helps
    Dibab likes this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

P.S. if this is for a TLP discussion as I dont play on TLP so not sure if they have the old spellbook full screen like back in the day and dont have access to the spell dropdown menu (right click) then suck it up and search and organize like we did back in the day :p
    also post in the TLP forums ..
    if its a TLP question .. if not disregard this entry ;)
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Meh, I understand where the OP is coming from. Searchable Spell book would be a nice addition. Sometimes I get frustrated by the drop down menu because I swear a couple of songs have changed locations on me, and bards don't get near the sheer number of songs that casters get spells. AND bard has been my main forever and a day or 3 sometimes I literally open my /book 54 and go forward or back from there looking for a certain gem because I know what it is supposed to look like and visually gems are faster than reading names.
    Funky and Szilent like this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would agree with a search feature as sometimes you don't remember which category a spell is under.
  6. svann Augur

Yea for some reason people seem to forget where they put the cuer drufnk snog
    Szilent likes this.
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Please, please, please ... do not mess with the default spellbar UI.

Got no issues with having ui handles that folks could write their own bar with a find button (still not sure how that's going to work if you cannot remember the name or category type anyway). But the default spell bar UI should not be changed.

If I may offer a suggestion - it would be nice if spells could be categorized in multiple buckets. For example, anything that does damage and heals ... should be in Direct Damage as well as Heals categories at a minimum. Having multiple categories for spells when appropriate would make spells easier to find under the menus since if you know a spell healed, it would be under Heals (as well as other places).
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

search function in the book would he nice. Especially for port spells. The number of times I look for blightfire moors under anatonica on to find it under TSS. Or look for tempest temple and buried sea. To find there isn't one and it is under Odus.

Also please please please. Rename zones to something different. This old lady has a habit of TLing people to old GD instead of the new one, as Velious is the bottom of the list I go up instead of down and the lower level spell is the first I come to.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  9. Zamiam Augur

sometimes spells are put in both categories I cant think of an example of the top of my head , but I know ive seen it .. try cleric spell that does 2 things like twincast heal or DD heal ? cant remember..
  10. Zunnoab Augur

I've never found the bard progressive songs in the right click menu. Perhaps I didn't look hard enough.
    Yinla and Elyssanda like this.
  11. svann Augur

You mean dissident and dichotomic? Utility beneficial, spell focus.
  12. Hogwilld Elder

I got an enhancement, how about color coding the icons for items. Green outline for Trade skills, Red for rares, Yellow for quest items.
    Raccoo, Buster_Shruggs and Skuz like this.
  13. Angahran Augur

1. Allow 'finding' in houses where you are co-owner.
    2. Allow 'finding' any item you have placed, regardless of owner status, houses, guildhalls, etc.
    3. Allow 'grabbing' from anywhere (maybe purchase a 'gopher' NPC that will grab the item you want and parcel it to you ?
    Hogwilld likes this.
  14. GoneFission Augur

They are. Necromancer lich spells are under both conversion and illusion menus.

I would like the ability to drop a spot on the zone map, and use find to navigate to it. A better find function wouldn’t hurt, especially with its difficulties with axial pathing.