Low priority to fix but still annoying

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Runes Augur

Ever since the Chardok zone out was changed it puts you right near 2-3 mobs when you pick that can aggro, forcing you to zone out.

It gets annoying when you are picking trying to find groups or have found one and pick and your invis breaks or a see invis sniffer is there and you aggro, have to zone out and get pick timer again.

Fix would be to get rid of the two static mobs near the pick point and shorten the pather mob that comes occasionally.

Low priority, plenty of other important fixes to spend time on so ya, this is just a pointing it out post.
  2. Siah Elder

Lol, nothing compared to picking in Plane of Hate ><
    Spry and xmPradah like this.
  3. Runes Augur

Is Hate a PiTA too? I've never done it OW always just for DZs
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

In Hate the "safe spot" that you evac/succor has a bunch of mobs who can/will aggro
  5. Kiaro Augur

Oldschool port up style!
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Would be nice to get these spots moved.
  7. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

The strange thing is the succor point in Hate changes later on
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Do you have good /loc locations for safe spots and we might consider changing (no promise!)
    NOTE if it's a "one way" zone (I.E. like Sebilis where you can't exit from where you entered the zone, but have to go through some mobs to get to the exit) the "safe spot" will NOT be right by the exit.
    Bullsnooze and Mismezz like this.
  9. Weebles101 Journeyman

Why can't it be changed to just place you at the zone entrance like every other dungeon? Am I missing something here?
    Froglok likes this.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

I would guess Chardok was done this way initially because there are see-invis mobs between zone in and zone out. Dunno.

Plane of Hate evac spot should be the zone in. It feels like the current evac spot was an oversight or maybe a cruel joke. ;-)
  11. Kahna Augur

I chuckled a little, because currently the situation in Chardok is that the zone in is not the zone out and you have to go through mobs to get to the zone out and the "safe spot" is right by the exit (and a pair of aggro mobs). Putting it at the zone in would probably work best.
  12. modsiw Augur

chardok, entrance, -100.00, 930.00, 103.28
    hateplaneb, entrance, 650.00, -393.00, 3.13
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If it is just where they have changed the zone, I'd rather see the couple of mobs causing issues rather than moving the evac spot.

Hate was designed from day one to be dangerous to port into and I feel the evac spot keeps that danger.
  14. Machen New Member

That's literally exactly how it is currently in Chardok, and it is a huge pita. When you pick, you are faced to zone out typically, and if you take even half a step in that direction you zone. Like 50% of your radius will immediately zone you. Even knowing it's right there I have zoned out accidentally a half dozen times this week.

modsiw gave you good locs, change them to those and literally everyone will be pleased.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

^These please
  16. Runes Augur

Hi Ngreth thank you for taking the time to look at this. I cannot speak for the Hate plane issue but for Chardok, moving the pick point is not really needed, the issue is that there are two static mobs and a roamer that are right there when you pick and one of them usually is a see invis mob and aggros you, even if you have prepared with an invis , forcing you have to zone out and then suffer the reset of your pick timer back to 5m if you are not able to kill them, which a lot of classes would not be able to do.

You could move the pick point over to the same spot as zone in, at least you can get ready to fight your way out, but easiest method would be to just remove the two static mobs that are right at zone out and also shorten the pathing on a roamer mob so it does not come right to the zone out line.

Cheers
  17. bardybard Augur

Why is Chardok different than Sebilis?
    Both have entrance and exit in different places.
    Sebilis pick puts you at zone in
    Chardok pick puts you at zone out
    jeskola likes this.
  18. Jared stanson New Member

I have no idea how the evac and dzquit locations are chosen.

Wait till you get dzkicked from western wastes. It drops you off in the water in sirens grotto. No clue how that location got picked. Doing lady vox? Sure we will kick you out to the middle of nowhere in everfrost.

Most the others make sense but these 2 make me question if someone manually put those 2 locations or they were throwing darts at maps.
  19. Mistress Journeyman

Could we also fix it so when a pick collapses that they port to the safe spot instead of onto of groups? On Riz people afk in picks and when that picks collapses they pop ontop of your group afk and its like welp wtf do i do now.
  20. jeskola pheerie

Thanks for getting Seb pick changed to the dangerous zone-out