Chase Loot in /Pick Zones

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Magedps, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Magedps New Member

Hey guys,

If a zone is packed full, and I have to go to a /pick zone, does the /pick zone have the same percent chance as the original static zone to drop chase loots? I know missions have a greatly reduced chance, but I am only referring to /pick zones of the static zones.

I am just wondering if being stuck in /picks due to the original zone being full during my play times means I will almost never see a chase loot.

Thanks!
  2. Windance Augur

Chase loots are too rare for any one person to be able to give you a good answer.

I can tell you that they DO drop in a pick zone.

Last week I was PL'ing a friend in a sathir tomb pick and got TWO RoS/EoK rares. ( 30+hrs over 4-5 days )

Last weekend I was in a Kael pick and got a rare caster shield.(100's of hrs over 4 months )
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You just have to think of them as a golden ticket, can't count on it, don't plan on it, but if you get one, great, a nice bonus.
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

5. Duder Augur

*except when they're bugged ;)
    svann likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Like the base zones... except when they are bugged. ;)
    Duder likes this.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Pick zones have the same chances to drop ultra-rare items as their base zone. Missions and heroic adventures have a lower chance to drop ultra-rare loot.

The only alteration is some picks do not have all of the NPCs that a base zone has, so the overall chance is lower since there are less NPCs but each NPC killed has the same chance. I.E. the base zone has 100 NPCs possible, the pic zone has 95. The chance per NPC is the same. The chance per "zone clear" is less, simply because there are less NPCs.

In practice, this makes no difference as it's rare that a single player/group can kill every NPC in zone before NPCs re-pop. So... if there is always an available NPC to kill, then the chance is actually the same because that 100 is really "you can kill 30 an hour" and in a pick you can still kill "30 an hour" which results in no practical change in the chance since it's really kill rate, not actual "up in zone" NPCs

This principle is simlare to the "lowered rate" a few months after expansion launch.

The reality is, at expansion launch, it's more like 1000 NPCs killed an hour (cumulative), while after players migrate to other zones and spread out or do more mission and less base-pop killing, the rate goes down to 500 NPCs killed per hour. The chance per NPC never changed, but players are killing less NPCs per hour. This lowers the overall rate of them appearing in game, but not the actual chance to get them per kill.
  8. Szilent Augur

I see no difference.

0 in base zones
    0 in pick zones
    0 in missions
    0 at expansion launch
    0 later on

:p
  9. svann Augur

Why is that done?
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Certain NPCs change the balance of quests and events if they are available at demand.
    Zamiam likes this.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

Well do a fellow evil brother a favor and up that drop rate. Im like those dudes combing the desert in Space Balls "We aint found #%&@!
  12. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Random off topic, but it has always amused me that the trooper that said that was Tim Russ, Tuvok from Star Trek Voyager.
  13. Gremag Journeyman

Chase loot in ToV is largely limited to those people who auto-bot 24/7, day after day, week after week, with impunity.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I've seen plenty of people link their loot on their mains.

When I did the merc and partisan tasks for an alt, I got an Ice Encrusted Kite Shield off of a guard at the entrance to Kael.

They seem to be much more common than TBL rares. And, for that reason, I believe most Ice Encrusted loot should not exceed 3 Krono at this point.
  15. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

We cannot initiate a /pick zone on demand, though. I won't even bother mentioning that if something like that was implemented it would be the greatest moment in the history of EQ.

Alternatively, I'll just take AoCs on Live servers. Plz&Thanks!
    Nadisia and Dibab like this.
  16. Dibab Augur

i second all of this