GamParse 2.0!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Pets have never used the first line, it's always been the second one. That wasn't changed in the patch.

[Mon Jul 18 15:33:19 2016] Jebarer says 'My leader is Fyrb.'

What was changed was the addition of a comma after the word "says".

Because gamparse looks for the exact line, the addition of the comma has broken that functionality.
  2. Brohg Augur

That's precisely the change being highlighted in your quote. No one is confused about what happened, they're just asking for a GamParse fix.
  3. Sancus Augur

Yeah, I think Beimeith just doesn't like it when people change the format of the timestamps (e.g. 01/15/17 06:52:02 PM vs [Sun Jan 22 18:09:56 2017])
  4. Xikteny Augur

I lol every time.
  5. Micaiah New Member

In a Fear raid tonight, we engaged Fright and Dread within a few seconds of each other. After they were both killed, we engaged Terror.

Neither GamParse v1.5.1.7 nor v1.5.2.0 listed Fright, Dread, or Terror in the fight navigator list as an opponent.

GamParse V1.5.1.7
    A pet (mage pet) was listed as an opponent (in eight instances), and Fright was listed as a player character having done damage to the pet.

GamParse v1.5.2.0
    A pet (mage pet) was listed as an opponent (in one instance), and Fright was listed as a player character having done damage to the pet.

Numerous other people on the raid indicated parsing issues with the golems, however I did not verify their versions.
  6. Sancus Augur

I had the same issue with all 3 golems (Fright, Dread, and Terror) with both 1.5.1.7 and 1.5.2.0.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

When people copy lines from GINA instead of directly from the log file (or the search function in GP which doesn't modify the lines) I have no way of knowing what has been changed or not, I therefore discourage it every time I see them do it.

As a side note it's always funny when people link me logs with 2 timestamps (which caused an error), because it indicates the use of a banned 3rd party program. A recent change however did stop that from causing an error, though I still do not condone it's use, nor will I support it in any fashion.

It's fixed, but not updated yet.

As a final note, for updates, please use this thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/gamparse-1-5-2-test.236019/

GP2 isn't being worked on.
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Guilty as charged! Thanks for pointing that out!

Not guilty!
  9. feeltheburn Augur

not being able to link pets still a thing? cant seem to get the mage to cooperate
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

11. Zamiam Augur

Does Beimeith still play and or update Gameparse .. last post from him on GP was back in 2017 ? just curious
  12. Marton Augur

13. Soulbanshee Augur

14. RPoo Augur

15. Allayna Augur

Wait? We aren't all using Kizant's parser now?
  16. demoria7 Elder

I am using the Beta of 2.0.0.98 and the pet to owners does not link.... is there something I can do so the pet owners and names appear on the drop down?
  17. Soulbanshee Augur

Szilent likes this.
  18. Evurkvest Augur

You can manually edit the settings file but it's not a permanent fix. After some use pet will unlink and show up as a player.