Reporting of direct spell damage range has reduced after last patch AGAIN

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by utahjzz98, Aug 24, 2020.

1. utahjzz98 New Member

I have the parses for the past 5 weeks of GoD and Wiz/Mag damage was down MASSIVELY after last patch. I thought it was RNG first, but after chatting with the other dps casters, it was pretty clear something has changed. I saw almost a 400% increase on resists for the same trash and same raid mobs from one week to the next. (15 full resists compared to 4 from previous week). I also saw a noticeable difference doing XP in Paw from the past few weeks until after patch. The amount of partial/full resists is insane.

I can provide logs or parses going back to the start of GoD and into PoP if it's helpful.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  2. FubarEQ Journeyman

I had the same issue in ToFS (ToV). Greater than ~75 range away, I could not see my personal spell damage. It seemed to be picked up by others that were parsing however.

Why can't we get a slider for slider for damage reporting?
  3. svann Augur

Weird. Just tested on combat dummy and not able to outrange the reporting even at over 200 distance. Could it be different in raids?
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I noticed nothing different in T2 and T3 ToV Sunday on Xegony. And my parses for spell casters were closer to individual caster reports than before the patch. Noticing full self reporting in guild hall as well.

Wedding has the special range nullification for the guests. And Heart requires level 1 of Restless Ice for damage on shades. Not saying that was your issue, but that ToFS has some special stuff. No other caster noticed anything special either (just asked in our guild).

As far as the OP, your thread title suggests one line of thought, but your post suggests several others (pretty sure the xp part is in other threads). I'd suggest you pick one and go with it. You also might want to explain which server you are on because it isn't a Live one.
    svann likes this.
  5. utahjzz98 New Member

I did a quick search to make sure there weren't duplicate threads on this already. I saw the above title was already posted, but I was unaware it talked specifically about raid mobs. The issue I'm experiencing is with all mobs. I will try to stand right on top of what I can to see if it's a ranged issue.