Sinister Steamwork Ornaments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cadbane, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Cadbane Journeyman

Is there an off chance that this set of ornaments can be made using Trade skills or bought from a raid vendor? Such a waste of a cool set, with no other way to get it then GMM raid chests.
    Wdor, Froglok, RPoo and 5 others like this.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

anynone have a pic what these look like the name sounds cool and zam didnt show a pic for chain.

Andarriel
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I'll try and upload a picture of the Chain Set later if I remember. It is quite rare, between only 3 events dropping it and the randomness of the drops, it's pretty hard to get a full set. I know they said no to adding the GMM Gear to the TBL Raid Vendor, but I feel like the Ornaments should at least be considered.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Monkman Augur

I’m paying 10 krono for a plate set on xegony if anyone’s interested in selling.

I’ve got a chain set in the bank collecting dust
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I just wanna see if it looks better than the golden armor i doubt it but would like to see.

Andarriel
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Aldryn Another New Member

[IMG]

Plate is on the left, chain is on the right.

Restless Ice ornaments are everywhere you look, and sets from older expansions had a year's worth of 8-9 raids that dropped the pieces. In the case of GMM, there was a single ornament that dropped from each event's chest. That's three total ornament pieces per week over the ~8.5 months that GMM remained relevant. Sprinkle in some RNG, and I'd be rather surprised if any guild raiding on their regular schedule got a chance to accumulate more than a couple of pieces per type.

In our case, doing GMM on a consistent, weekly basis has provided our guild with two plate sets, two chain sets, one leather set, and one cloth set. With all the weird things people complain about on these forums, I always did find it a little odd that something like this was never talked about much.

Definitely agree with the OP. It'd be nice to see something like this gain some traction.
    Fenthen, Sandra, Astral64 and 3 others like this.
  7. Maedhros High King

The RNG was particularly nasty. I have about 50 various slots of Sinister ornaments that don't complete a set. I've worked with the Silent Redemption leadership a few times to try to make some trades to complete a few more sets for each guild. They really are some of the nicest ornaments sets ever produced imho.
    I imagine there are 2 dozen guilds that are in similar situations that have a big bags worth of various ornament slots that do not complete a set. I wouldn't normally even consider making server transfers for ornament sets, especially not for the common ones, but I can see the value being there for these sets.
    Andarriel and Aldren like this.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

They should just be placed on the TBL raid vendor. Then they'd be attained through raiding equal level content.
    minimind and Wdor like this.
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I think the only set we might of got a complete set of was "Maybe" Cloth. The other 3 types were missing at least 1 or more slots to finish a complete set. I remember one week we had the same exact piece drop off all 3 events... was like a Cloth Bracer or something along those lines from all three chests. Other weeks we would get 2 of the same piece and a 3rd drop that we already had plenty of.

With such limited drops and the RNG being RNG, it definitely made this probably the most rare set in the game. With GMM not dropping any flags or coins and less gear, the pick up raids have skipped hitting it in favor of normal TBL raids, making it that much more rare.

Adding it to the TBL Vendor would be awesome, you could even lock it behind beating the raids for it to show up on vendor.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Froglok Augur

I have only done the GMM Raid a few times, and as I recall, only 1 Ornament dropped per raid / target.

Now, no one wants to do this raid anymore and there is no raid Vendor for GMM. I have been trying to acquire this set for a very, very long time and have a total of 2 pieces.

How about they get added to the Overseer Vendor?

Or offered in the marketplace like some of the other older raid ornament sets?
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I wouldn't mind them being added to Overseer, but I think we have a better chance of them being added to the TBL Vendor than we do the Overseer Merchant.

The only "raid" sets in the Marketplace are the Original Eternal Grove and Insidious sets. I wouldn't use that as a precedent since none of the other raid sets since the original release have been available in the marketplace. That seems to be more of an acception than a norm.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We want some things to be rare and difficult to acquire. Even cosmetics.
    Wdor, Jennre, Dibab and 4 others like this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just as long as they drop rate doesn't change then when this unlocks on TLP servers....
    Fenthen and Funky like this.
  14. Tutankamen Augur

I would like to see some change to availability... the TBL raid vendor suggestion is a good idea, as is overseer. If you still wanted it to be rare you could make it something like 500k overseer techs per piece, would still be challenging to get. It's impossible to get now , because you can't convince an entire guild to go do GMM for 1 drop of armor.
    Fenthen and Yinla like this.
  15. Monkman Augur

Yeah it’s a pretty ridiculous answer given that you’ve literally flooded servers with current content raid gear which directly impacts the game vs cosmetic items which provide zero player power.

Why not utilize the noble currency properly and add a random suit of Sinister ornaments to Marcia? Make it 250-300 nobles.. now you’ve introduced a plat sink (good for the economy/krono sales) and it’s still rare albeit less “impossible” to obtain. Or you could just make the dragon perma-stunnable again so I can six-box the raid.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

To put the dev's decision in context, Ancient Ssra armor ornaments are unobtainable. (Though, arguably, because they don't want every wizard to equip plate).

However, they did sell those $200 blue Clockwork sets several years ago and I wonder aloud if they want to create a sense of scarcity by putting Sinister Steamwork in the "uber rare" category.
  17. Raccoo Augur

Would've been nice to receive a suit/unlock on TBL raid vendor for completing the raid achievements in GMM at least. :p
  18. Novaburst New Member

Well, you nailed it on the head this time. "/golf clap"

3 raids that take roughly 40+ people to do, so one Toon can maybe get all 7 pieces in in many months worth of time if RNG gods are forgiving.

I am not sure whether to laugh or cry.
    Andarriel likes this.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Cosmetic Policy, meet Inscrutable.

Oh, I see you've been acquainted for many years!
  20. Conq Augur

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Little late, but had to figure out how to post images. I think it worked. The picture above, while high quality, failed to show the best feature of these sets: the Helm!