What was the goal of the Chancellor of Dizok change? (HS key mob in lake of ill omen)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hinastrom, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Hinastrom Elder

Killed hundreds of sarnaks, I know i'm in the right spot, i've seen him on track and get killed by others, still haven't gotten one for myself. And I need 6 for my boxes, lol (rizlona).

The old spawn method was better.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Yes clearly the only people that should get HS keys are the ones Macraoni questing SKs
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Fun fact, the old spawn never changed, go sit there and camp him. Or kill random sarnaks until a 2nd chancellor randomly spawns. The goal was to make the spawn more frequent and dynamic so people wouldn't hold it hostage.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

As the first group of players to get into hs on agnarr you're so wrong about this.

It's not that bad anymore. Welcome to everquest lite.
    Xhartor likes this.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Put a VP Key piece in HS imo.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Fun fact, that's incorrect. He now has a placeholder, a sarnak chancellor, and it's very possible to sit on the throne spawn for hours without seeing the named Chancellor. Previously the named was guaranteed to spawn every cycle. That said, the new system is still an improvement, as almost anyone who tried to camp their own prod on pre-2017 TLP's could attest.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. yerm Augur

The goal was, very literally, to make it harder for folks like you (boxing 6 toons in a static spot) and easier for solo players. Naturally you're going to like the old way better. You could try spreading your crew around to cover more ground or just being more mobile.

edit - not trying to be hostile, you did nothing wrong, just answering what "the point" of it was.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Good catch!
    Although according to the patch notes from Sept 20 2017 the old location is still the highest chance of him popping if you wanted to park your 6 box crew someplace and lock it down instead of running around the halls.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-september-20-2017.243910/
  9. Kiaro Augur

long respawn named
    highly sought after drop (required for one of the better zones)
    IDK if you ever tried to get one on a TLP Before, but you could go into LoiO and there would be literally 5SKs and 10 mages sitting on him. Good luck, they'll sell you one for 5krono.
  10. Healiez Augur

Now the bottleneck is the stupid goblin.

Xalgoz now has the chancelor treatment, lots of people sitting on him and hoping their group gets the kill.