It took 15 seconds to load your characters...never seen this before

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Troutfest, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Troutfest Augur

Just logged on to my character on mangler. It was acct that had my offline trader up. Got the usual message about having an offline trader, making sure I want to remove them. Gave it the ok, waited and when character select popped up got the following message,

It took 15 seconds to load your characters, it is possible one or more failed to load. Please contact Customer Service if one of your characters is missing.

Never have seen this before, screen is locked up and can't hit ok, Tried to task manager to close, no workie. Had to hard reboot computer. Is this new or something known to happen?
  2. Nniki Augur

The message has been in place for some time now. It happens whenever the request to load your characters from their database is being slow.

I've never had it lock up the client though.
  3. Troutfest Augur

Its happening on one machine atm. Swapped accts and same machine different account same problem. Doing a validate of files and trying to figure out what has happened.
  4. Troutfest Augur

Validated assets, seems ok. Still won't load. Get to character select, get message about time it takes and screen is locked. Only happening on one machine so not sure what is going on. Very frustrating as it was working about 8 hours ago just fine.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Try turning the computor off completely, go make a coffee, come back turn it back on and try logging in again. I've had either EQ or my comp get in a bad state where is just needs time to forget everything.

Make sure you log in using the patcher.

EQ is an old lady sometimes all she needs it time. :)
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

7. Troutfest Augur

Yinla likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Oh WOW this is great news. In the past this error was pretty much unfix able - thank you for posting results. Now we can suggest it in future!!!
  9. shroomie Elder

Happening now to me. Friday's patch is up there with the Edsel and New Coke as the worst products ever.