Spell Gems Still Locking after Patch:

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daredilly, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Daredilly Master

2020 08 23 During ToV Raids my Spell Gems and Hot Buttons locked up 13 times during the 5 events I participated in. Entrap still works as a fix. I was in a group with a Bard, Shaman, Beastlord, Beserker and Monk. I did confirm that another Ranger also had the same issue on Griklor and his group makeup was identical to mine.

Anyone else seeing this issue since the most recent patch?
    Duder likes this.
  2. Cadira Augur

Yeap, the fix to QuickTime did not actually happen unfortunately
    Duder likes this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's different than before. Last night my spell gems only locked up when QT ended for what it's worth. Could be a coincidence but other RA members made the same connection last night.
  4. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I was told to fix this 'quick time' issue.. you click an aa. (not an instant AA).
    Worked for me.
  5. svann Augur

Oh well, if they cant fix it breaking things when it drops then Id be happy if they make it always on.
    :)
    Nadisia likes this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I strongly recommend you post all the information you can in the Bug Reports thread:
    Spell gem lockup not fixed

For some issues, like this one, Darkpaw does read the Bug Reports and attempts to fix them. Some issues, unfortunately, are at the bottom of the list and I doubt will ever be fixed. This one, however, I would bet will be fixed if people can provide enough detail for them to track it down.
    svann likes this.
  7. Zunnoab Augur

That's correct, but that's just a workaround. It's too dangerous for healers to stop, figure out their gems locked, and then cast IVU or whatever. Hopefully the cause can be identified.

I wonder if the attempted fix changed the Kerafyrm AE in SoF. Kerafyrm's AE every 20 seconds (IIRC) looks in the spell data like it's only supposed to interrupt, but in reality locks out your spell gems for a while if you're mid cast when it fires. The lockout caused by that was never permanent though.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Daredilly Master

Duder likes this.
  9. Greymantle Augur

Had this happen once in a raid the other day. Hard to define the steps as it normaly on happens mid battle. So lot's going on. Was grouped with a bard and only happened once. Seemed easier to unlock them this time. Just needed one cast of my aa dispeller. If it happens again i will try and take note of the time to check my logs to see if i can pin down the sequence of events.
    Duder likes this.